Re: [midatlanticretro] C-64 network party in OH/KY

  • Glenn Holmer
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 11 2:46 AM
      On Fri, 2008-07-11 at 02:29 +0000, Herb Johnson wrote:
      > http://lyonlabs.org/commodore/c4-2008/c4-2008.html

      My site has never had so many hits :)

      > Courtesy of a post in Usenet newsgroup comp.os.cpm; a link to news
      > from C=4 Expo 2008. the highlight which made Slashdot, was a
      > multiplayer game played on several C64's networked via some Ethernet
      > cartridges. CP/M may have been involved - can any Commodore fans find
      > out for me?

      NetRacer did not use CP/M; the client side was written in 6502 and the
      server (on Leif's laptop) was written in Java.

      http://home.ica.net/~leifb/commodore/racer/

      --
      "After the vintage season came the aftermath - and Cenbe."
      Glenn Holmer (Q-Link: ShadowM) http://www.lyonlabs.org