RE: [midatlanticretro] HOPE demo - back on !!!

    Message 1 of 34 , Jul 7, 2008
      >>> The Apple //c would be interesting if there were some relevant software
      to run on it, do we have any?

      Oooh, I have an idea. I'll bring one of our (17!) Commodore 64s with a
      monitor and disk drive. We'll have a contest in the booth! From the time
      we arrive to the time we leave, we'll let people sign up for 30-minute
      increments, and whoever writes the niftiest BASIC program wins. Contestants
      must show up at the specified end-of-contest time. Winner gets one of your
      Commodore posters and gets to keep the computer!! (That would impress
      people, especially the younger folks; it's no great loss to MARCH; and it
      gets people into a hacking state of mind. I will make a sign-up form and a
      "Win this Commodore 64" poster.)

      I'll also bring a C64 programmers manual but that is not for giving away, we
      need that.

      Bill or Bryan -- we'll need one of you to bring a drive cable and maybe some
      truly blank floppies / labels. (I'm sure we have zillions of appropriate
      cables in the storage rooms, but it's much easier if one of your
      knowledgable people just brings the right one; you can always take one back
      from the storage room another time for your trouble.)

      Can someone possibly bring a small, working, compatible printer and some
      fanfold paper and cables, so that we can print out the LIST-ings? If not
      then we'll have to (gasp) take notes at the end of every 30 minutes.

      >>> Why not the Osborne I - it's a portable.

      We have three of those, conditions unknown (to me).
    • Bryan Pope
      Message 34 of 34 , Jul 9, 2008
        Evan Koblentz wrote:
        > Let's all plan to meet at the hotel and start setting up around 10am.
        >
        > We'll stay there .... late into the night.
        >
        > People going, what they're bringing:
        > Me (Evan) - C-64 to give away, MARCH flyers, etc.
        > BillCo. - Unix PC, cables/floppies for the C-64
        > Sridhar - ???
        > Chris L. - ???
        > Joe G. - MAME (please confirm that)
        > Bryan P. - (I forget, are you going?)

        Evan,

        I am sorry, but I will not be able to make it..

        Cheers,

        Bryan