RE: [midatlanticretro] HOPE demo - back on !!!

    Message 1 of 34 , Jul 7, 2008
      At 10:46 PM 7/6/2008 -0400, you wrote:
      >Good plans, Bill!
      >
      >I have no idea what to bring (other than MARCH flyers) especially if I'm
      >train-bound (Miatas and NYC driving don't mix.)
      >
      >Perhaps our Apple //c -- it's small. But not terribly interesting...
      >
      >Obviously I would love to bring our Altair. But nervous about transporting
      >that, especially on the train and up and down the escalator at Penn
      >Station...
      >
      >I'm even going to JOKE about bringing the PDP-8. :)
      >
      >Bill, you always have good ideas, what obvious choice(s) from the museum am
      >I forgetting???

      I would suggest against bringing the really old stuff like the Altair
      because you're risking damaging them. Very fragile. The Altair should be
      in a plexi-glass case for display and have a specially-made crate for
      shipping/events.

      The Apple //c would be interesting if there were some relevant software to
      run on it, do we have any?

      Why not the Osborne I - it's a portable.

      Bill
    • Bryan Pope
      Message 34 of 34 , Jul 9, 2008
        Evan Koblentz wrote:
        > Let's all plan to meet at the hotel and start setting up around 10am.
        >
        > We'll stay there .... late into the night.
        >
        > People going, what they're bringing:
        > Me (Evan) - C-64 to give away, MARCH flyers, etc.
        > BillCo. - Unix PC, cables/floppies for the C-64
        > Sridhar - ???
        > Chris L. - ???
        > Joe G. - MAME (please confirm that)
        > Bryan P. - (I forget, are you going?)

        Evan,

        I am sorry, but I will not be able to make it..

        Cheers,

        Bryan