RE: [midatlanticretro] Free VB6 compiler

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 6, 2008
      Message
      If "legal" is your priority then you have no business attending the HOPE conference.   :)
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 6, 2008
        Tall order, since "Visual Basic" is a wholly owned, proprietary product.
        What's your need? -- Ian

        On Sun, 2008-07-06 at 19:30 -0400, Joe Giliberti wrote:
        > Does anyone here know of a legally free Visual Basic 6 compiler?
        >
        > Thanks
        > Joe

      • Dan Roganti
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 6, 2008

          Joe Giliberti wrote:
          Does anyone here know of a legally free Visual Basic 6 compiler?

          I do recall a version call Visual Studio Express which includes VB,VC# and VC++. It was hyped very much around the robotics circles, although I don't use it myself. It does have some limitations from what they say, but it's still supposed to offer a lot.
          http://www.microsoft.com/express/

          =Dan

        • Dan Roganti
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 6, 2008

            Dan Roganti wrote:

            Joe Giliberti wrote: Does anyone here know of a legally free Visual Basic 6 compiler?

            I do recall a version call Visual Studio Express which includes VB,VC# and VC++. It was hyped very much around the robotics circles, although I don't use it myself. It does have some limitations from what they say, but it's still supposed to offer a lot.
            http://www.microsoft.com/express/

            I forgot to mention that it's *Free*

            =Dan

          • Joe Giliberti