Free VB6 compiler

  • Joe Giliberti
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 6, 2008
      Does anyone here know of a legally free Visual Basic 6 compiler?

      Thanks
      Joe
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 6, 2008
        Message
        If "legal" is your priority then you have no business attending the HOPE conference.   :)
        Does anyone here know of a legally free Visual Basic 6 compiler?

        Thanks
        Joe
      • Ian King
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 6, 2008
          Tall order, since "Visual Basic" is a wholly owned, proprietary product.
          What's your need? -- Ian

          On Sun, 2008-07-06 at 19:30 -0400, Joe Giliberti wrote:
          > Does anyone here know of a legally free Visual Basic 6 compiler?
          >
          > Thanks
          > Joe

        • Dan Roganti
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 6, 2008

            Joe Giliberti wrote:
            Does anyone here know of a legally free Visual Basic 6 compiler?

            I do recall a version call Visual Studio Express which includes VB,VC# and VC++. It was hyped very much around the robotics circles, although I don't use it myself. It does have some limitations from what they say, but it's still supposed to offer a lot.
            http://www.microsoft.com/express/

            =Dan

          • Dan Roganti
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 6, 2008

              Dan Roganti wrote:

              Joe Giliberti wrote: Does anyone here know of a legally free Visual Basic 6 compiler?

              I do recall a version call Visual Studio Express which includes VB,VC# and VC++. It was hyped very much around the robotics circles, although I don't use it myself. It does have some limitations from what they say, but it's still supposed to offer a lot.
              http://www.microsoft.com/express/

              I forgot to mention that it's *Free*

              =Dan

            • Joe Giliberti