Needed: used laptop ... again

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5, 2008
      Message
      Hi all MARCHins.  Some of you may remember that I bought a laptop a couple of years ago.  It was a good deal, but I sold it earlier this year, because I just didn't use it as much as I expected and decided to liquidate it ....

      Figures, now I need a laptop for tuning the aftermarket engine management computer for my car. But this time I need an old laptop -- specifically one old enough to have a serial port.  (They make USB-to-serial adapters but those are unreliable.  I want the real thing.)

      So, I'm looking for the newest laptop available that's still old enough to have a real serial port.

      I don't care about the HD size, whether it has a DVD drive, fancy-schmancy video, etc. .... only going to use it for this engine tuning software that requires suck-ass Win 95.