RE: [midatlanticretro] VCF exhibits

  • Bill Degnan
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 3, 2008
      Please take a crack at it, send me the DOS Batch file/BASIC presentation and I will find a place for it. If you need sample code, let me know.

      Bill

      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 9, 2008
        "Evan Koblentz" <evan@...> wrote:

        > The time is nearing ... what are MARCHins' semi-solidified VCF East 5.0
        > exhibit plans?

        Question. What is the schedule for the show? Talks, exhibits? And what
        is the schedule for the MARCH Museum and its opening?

        Speaking for myself: The exhibit I'm working on is for the MARCH
        Museum, the MARCH PDP-11/20. I've posted here on its progress. Soon I
        will have prototype exhibit posters on the Web page, as recently
        reviewed by the MARCH Board. It's intended to be a general example of
        (or a good start at) MARCH Museum exhibits. Also, the exhibit's
        posters will be similar in form to InfoAge's other exhibits and will
        be printed at InfoAge.

        http://www.retrotechnology.com/pdp11/

        Photos of past VCF-East shows may be a resource to see how others have
        exhibited.

        Herb Johnson
        retrotechnology.com
      • Evan
        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 9, 2008
          Sellam posted the (template) VCF East page this morning. I will update it later this week. Some important details are still TBD.

          Subj: [midatlanticretro] Re: VCF exhibits
          Date: Wed Jul 9, 2008 6:12 pm
          Size: 1K
          To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com

          "Evan Koblentz" <evan@...> wrote:

          > The time is nearing ... what are MARCHins' semi-solidified VCF East 5.0
          > exhibit plans?

          Question. What is the schedule for the show? Talks, exhibits? And what
          is the schedule for the MARCH Museum and its opening?

          Speaking for myself: The exhibit I'm working on is for the MARCH
          Museum, the MARCH PDP-11/20. I've posted here on its progress. Soon I
          will have prototype exhibit posters on the Web page, as recently
          reviewed by the MARCH Board. It's intended to be a general example of
          (or a good start at) MARCH Museum exhibits. Also, the exhibit's
          posters will be similar in form to InfoAge's other exhibits and will
          be printed at InfoAge.

          http://www.retrotechnology.com/pdp11/

          Photos of past VCF-East shows may be a resource to see how others have
          exhibited.

          Herb Johnson
          retrotechnology.com

        • Herb Johnson
          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 10, 2008

            "Evan" <evan@...> wrote:

            > Sellam posted the (template) VCF East page this morning.
            >I will update it later this week. Some important details
            > are still TBD.

            Evan, it's a little confusing what "template" means, as I asked about
            two things. One, the VCF East and MARCH Museum schedule; the other, my
            "template" or prototypes for the MARCH Museum exhibit posters for the
            PDP-11/20. My apologies, the Museum 11/20 exhibit is NOT a "VCF
            exhibit" as per your original post. But, the events overlap.

            Your reply is not about the Museum exhibit posters. I'll post an
            update on my work, seperately.

            Herb Johnson
            retrotechnology.com
            Message 5 of 15 , Mar 19, 2011
              Only eight weeks to VCF. So far there are 13 exhibits registered. I know many of you intend to exhibit. Please register soon!!!

              This is important for two reasons:
              - Marketing: we don't want people to see just 13 exhibits and decide the event isn't worth attending; after all, they don't know your intentions
              2. Planning: this will probably be our biggest show, so I need to plan the floor layout and electrical power A.S.A.P.! The longer you wait to register, the more hassle you're creating for me and many others in MARCH and InfoAge.

              So ... even if you only know the very basics of your exhibit plan, please register now; don't wait! You only need to put a sentence or two in the "description" field on the vintage.org exhibit registration page. You can always go back and change or update the description later.

              Thanks everyone for understanding. I expect to receive many emails from the VCF CMS informing me of new registrations. :)
              Message 6 of 15 , Jan 23, 2012
                Hey people! Go register your exhibits!

                http://www.vintage.org/2012/east/exhibit.php

                It's okay if you do not have all the details sorted out. Just put in a couple of sentences. I will edit as needed.

                It is VERY IMPORTANT that people not procrastinate. That way, when the public sees the event web site, they'll also see that there are great exhibits. If they see just a few, then they're likely to scoff and not return -- they don't know what you "plan" to exhibit.

                The more people sign up early, the better we can plan, the smoother and more awesome VCF will be.