Re: [midatlanticretro] VCF exhibits and "running" computers

  • Evan
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2008
      >>> The unexpected impact of the exhibit policy may that the definition of "vintage" will absorb newer systems over time.

      I'm not worried. The rule is vital because nobody wants to stare at a table full of hardware and be told, "Imagine it doing something." That's why this is the vintage computer FESTIVAL, and why Sellam pitches it as a "celebration" versus just a show. As for "what's vintage," that certainly changes over time, but let's please NOT have that whole debate again .... maybe it can be a VCF speaker panel. :)

      >>> Will there be no judging again next year?

      To be determined. Last year we meant to have judging, we just forgot to do it. :)
    • Bill Degnan
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2008

        > To be determined. Last year we meant to have judging, we just forgot to do it. :)

        The possibility of judging impacts effort by exhibitors.
      • Bryan Pope
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 1, 2008
          Evan wrote:

          > I'm not worried. The rule is vital because nobody wants to stare at a table full of hardware and be told, "Imagine it doing something." That's why this is the vintage computer FESTIVAL, and why Sellam pitches it as a "celebration" versus just a show. As for "what's vintage," that certainly changes over time, but let's please NOT have that whole debate again .... maybe it can be a VCF speaker panel. :)

          > To be determined. Last year we meant to have judging, we just forgot to do it. :)

          This is what happens when you forget to put a coversheet on the TPS
          report. Didn't you get the memo? I will go ahead and have another copy
          sent to you.

          Cheers,

          Bryan