Re: [midatlanticretro] That's strange - PAYPAL's policy

  • Evan
    Message 1 of 26 , Jun 29, 2008
      What happened is that I recently sold a high-dollar item, got paid via PayPal, and then PayPal in the process of a security check (because of my unusual account activity) demanded to know what I sold. I felt this was an invasion of my privacy.

      But I'm over it now. :)

      Message 2 of 26 , Jun 30, 2008
        Hi Gang:

        I guess there's good and bad about just about everything. For my
        part, I simply "funded" my PayPal balance via my checking account.
        That's also helped with redeeming funds from PayPal to the checking
        account. But, I don't usually carry a large balance in PayPal,
        usually just enough to handle small transactions with ham radio
        buddies, and stuff like that.

        When you sell something on ebay, and the buyer pays with PayPal (not
        uncommon).. if they buyer's account is funded with a credit card, then
        -you- the seller get to pay a fee to PayPal to handle the
        transaction. That does not happen if the buyer has funded the PayPal
        account with cash from a checking account.

        73 de Ray