Re: [midatlanticretro] That's strange - PAYPAL's policy

  • Stan Brewer
    Message 1 of 26 , Jun 29, 2008
      I must be walking in on this in the middle.  Is PAYPAL giving someone here a hard time?
      I liked Paypal.  I gave them my credit card number and used their services.  My credit card was their insurance that my payment was good. As with any other vendor accepting my credit card.
      Then, because I had spent the magic $2,000.00 with them, they decided they not only wanted my credit card number (which had a low balance and a credit limit much higher that $2,000.00), but also my checking and savings account numbers!
      Thus ended a good relationship.

                                             Stan

      Jim Scheef wrote:
      Evan,

      Your bank would not ask what you bought or sold, but PayPal is not a bank. You agree to that when you open your account. Of course your credit card company knows exactly what you buy.

      Jim

      Should have told her it was something crazy, like a collection of beastiality DVDs, just to screw with her.
    • Ian King

        Message 3 of 26 , Jun 29, 2008
          What happened is that I recently sold a high-dollar item, got paid via PayPal, and then PayPal in the process of a security check (because of my unusual account activity) demanded to know what I sold. I felt this was an invasion of my privacy.

          But I'm over it now. :)

          Message 4 of 26 , Jun 30, 2008
            Hi Gang:

            I guess there's good and bad about just about everything. For my
            part, I simply "funded" my PayPal balance via my checking account.
            That's also helped with redeeming funds from PayPal to the checking
            account. But, I don't usually carry a large balance in PayPal,
            usually just enough to handle small transactions with ham radio
            buddies, and stuff like that.

            When you sell something on ebay, and the buyer pays with PayPal (not
            uncommon).. if they buyer's account is funded with a credit card, then
            -you- the seller get to pay a fee to PayPal to handle the
            transaction. That does not happen if the buyer has funded the PayPal
            account with cash from a checking account.

            73 de Ray