Re: [midatlanticretro] VCF east countdown = 86 days, time to register ?

  • William Donzelli
    Message 1 of 20 , Jun 29, 2008
      > The 'word' used several frequencies of redundency as per the mil specs of
      > the period. I did not work with SAGE but I used the same mil specs with.
      > as I remember, 32 separate signals to blast through the potential EMS fog.

      This does not match my info entirely (AN/ARR-39 tech manual). The SAGE
      data would come in on any one of the standard UHF tactical channels.
      Frequency agility essentially involved just having the pilot switch to
      a different channel using the knob on the control box.

      This scheme was one of the very first military datalinks, and there
      was certainly evolution, so what you may have worked with could have
      been a later scheme.

      --
      Will