Re: [midatlanticretro] Stan Brewer Intro.

  • Bryan Pope
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 28, 2008
      Stanley Brewer wrote:
      > Hello all,
      > I joined because a good acquaintance of mine, Claude Kagan said he
      > was talking to MARCH to find a new home for his Burroughs B-205. I
      > run the Burroughs B-205 site and Yahoo Group. I am very excited to
      > hear that the old Burroughs may be saved! Does MARCH have a building
      > large enough to house the 205? I had tried to get the RESISTORS to
      > help save the 205, but found none of them interested in doing so. :(
      > I hope I can help in some way. I was a DEC system manager for many
      > years until my medical retirement (heart disease) last year. I have
      > lots of old DEC books and hardware.

      I do not believe we have a working tube-based computer in our
      collection... Is there a working (or even semi-working) tube-based
      computer in the US?

      Cheers,

      Bryan
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 28, 2008
        Probably somewhere! Best person to ask is Sellam.

        > I joined because a good acquaintance of mine, Claude Kagan said he
        > was talking to MARCH to find a new home for his Burroughs B-205. I
        > run the Burroughs B-205 site and Yahoo Group. I am very excited to
        > hear that the old Burroughs may be saved! Does MARCH have a building
        > large enough to house the 205? I had tried to get the RESISTORS to
        > help save the 205, but found none of them interested in doing so. :(
        > I hope I can help in some way. I was a DEC system manager for many
        > years until my medical retirement (heart disease) last year. I have
        > lots of old DEC books and hardware.

        I do not believe we have a working tube-based computer in our
        collection... Is there a working (or even semi-working) tube-based
        computer in the US?

        Cheers,

        Bryan

      • Stan Brewer
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 28, 2008
          Not that I know of.  If you do try to get one working, I have a module Claude gave me, that I will donate to the effort.  I am also a member of a couple of antique radio clubs, and may have a source for donations of tubes.   I also have operations manuals for the B-205 I obtained from another source, and would be glad to give copies of them.  I also have the original Flex-o-writer from the RESISTORS machine, and a newer model (more likely to run) that I could bring to the project.

                                            Stan