Re: [midatlanticretro] That's strange

  • Joe Giliberti
    Message 1 of 26 , Jun 27, 2008
      Should have told her it was something crazy, like a collection of beastiality DVDs, just to screw with her.

      Joe

      On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 8:42 PM, Richard A. Cini <rcini@...> wrote:

      I guess the annual compliance training has finally stuck in ROM somewhere!

      On 6/27/08 7:00 PM, "tfagan@..." <tfagan@...> wrote:

      That is correct. Our systems track hundreds of thousands of cash
      transactions, and the 'suspect' ones are reported to the business unit that
      manually investigates them to determine if they truly are suspicious or
      not. The 10K and greater ones are automatically reported to the fed
      regardless.

      Message 2 of 26 , Jun 27, 2008
        Message
        No that's what YOU bought.   :)
        Should have told her it was something crazy, like a collection of beastiality DVDs, just to screw with her.
        Message 3 of 26 , Jun 29, 2008
          Evan,

          Your bank would not ask what you bought or sold, but PayPal is not a bank. You agree to that when you open your account. Of course your credit card company knows exactly what you buy.

          Jim

          Message 4 of 26 , Jun 29, 2008
            I must be walking in on this in the middle.  Is PAYPAL giving someone here a hard time?
            I liked Paypal.  I gave them my credit card number and used their services.  My credit card was their insurance that my payment was good. As with any other vendor accepting my credit card.
            Then, because I had spent the magic $2,000.00 with them, they decided they not only wanted my credit card number (which had a low balance and a credit limit much higher that $2,000.00), but also my checking and savings account numbers!
            Thus ended a good relationship.

                                                   Stan

            Jim Scheef wrote:
            Evan,

            Your bank would not ask what you bought or sold, but PayPal is not a bank. You agree to that when you open your account. Of course your credit card company knows exactly what you buy.

            Jim

            Should have told her it was something crazy, like a collection of beastiality DVDs, just to screw with her.
          • Ian King

              Message 6 of 26 , Jun 29, 2008
                What happened is that I recently sold a high-dollar item, got paid via PayPal, and then PayPal in the process of a security check (because of my unusual account activity) demanded to know what I sold. I felt this was an invasion of my privacy.

                But I'm over it now. :)

                Message 7 of 26 , Jun 30, 2008
                  Hi Gang:

                  I guess there's good and bad about just about everything. For my
                  part, I simply "funded" my PayPal balance via my checking account.
                  That's also helped with redeeming funds from PayPal to the checking
                  account. But, I don't usually carry a large balance in PayPal,
                  usually just enough to handle small transactions with ham radio
                  buddies, and stuff like that.

                  When you sell something on ebay, and the buyer pays with PayPal (not
                  uncommon).. if they buyer's account is funded with a credit card, then
                  -you- the seller get to pay a fee to PayPal to handle the
                  transaction. That does not happen if the buyer has funded the PayPal
                  account with cash from a checking account.

                  73 de Ray