MSX

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 24, 2008
      Message
      According to that reliable source -- Wikipedia -- "MSX was formally announced during a press-conference in June 27, 1983 (a date that is considered the birthday of the MSX standard)".

      Which means today -- Wed., June 27, 2008 -- is MSX's 25th birthday.
    • Bryan Pope
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 25, 2008
        Evan Koblentz wrote:
        > According to that reliable source -- Wikipedia -- "MSX was formally
        > announced during a press-conference in June 27, 1983 (a date that is
        > considered the birthday of the MSX standard)".
        >
        > Which means today -- Wed., June 27, 2008 -- is MSX's 25th birthday.
        One should not write emails at 2:17 in the morning.! ;) Today is the
        25th, which means MSX's 25th birthday is not until Friday... So you can
        put the birthday cake back in the fridge.. :D

        Cheers,

        Bryan
      • Christian Liendo
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 25, 2008
          MSX had a lot of great games.... It was like the Japanese C64.
          I used to be into MSX when I was a kid because of the games.
          MSX was not only big in Japan but big in Latin America. (weird)

          I used to chat on rec.user.msx or something to that effect a while ago.

          I'm even listed in some really old text file about MSX users from the year 19 something something.

          http://fms.komkon.org/MSX/Docs/UserList.txt

          Ahhhhh Memories