Re: [midatlanticretro] Fathers Day classic comp style

    Message 1 of 66 , Jun 22, 2008
      The Chicago Museum of Science and Industry was always my favorite place for a school field trip, family outing, whatever. They have replaced the big O-scale model railroad of the Santa Fe with an HO layout that models downtown Chicago. The coal mine is either gone or being updated. The U-505 is still there and the Pioneer Zepher is in an underground lobby area that connects to parking. When you are in Chicago, go and spend a day there. http://www.msichicago.org/

      Jim

      Yes, I grew up near Chicago so I'm more than a little biased...

      Message 66 of 66 , Sep 15, 2012
        > I spent 5+ years there (4th Fl. Myers Ctr aka. the Hexagon) and I didn't hear anything about any alumni function.

        Sent you a private email just now.