Re: [midatlanticretro] Apple II monitor?

  • billdeg@aol.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 7, 2005
      Evan,
      I have plenty, I will give you one if you want to come down to Delaware to
      pick it up. Do you need full color or monocrome?
      bd

    • billdeg@aol.com
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 7, 2005
        evan,
        or when I come up to InfoAge hopefully next month I can bring one...you may
        not want to wait that long.
        bd
      • Liam Busey
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 8, 2005
          > Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 17:13:03 -0400
          > From: "Evan" <evan947@...>
          > Subject: Apple II monitor?
          >
          > Hey, does anyone have a monitor that'll work on my
          > //c ... I recently
          > discovered that most of the software requires 80
          > columns but the computer
          > will only display 40 columns on a TV set. (Didn't
          > realize this before
          > because I was only running AppleSoft BASIC which is
          > an exception and works
          > fine in 40 columns.)
          >
          > I can get a monitor free from some west coast
          > contacts, but I don't want to
          > pay shipping on something heavy. Prefer to pick it
          > up locally.

          Hmmm, your //c should be able to display 80 columns on
          a television set. It'll just be illegible. ;)

          For 80 column software you'll want a monochrome
          monitor with composite video input jack (just like
          your TV) or an RGB monitor with accompaning interface.
          The //c RGB interfaces are somewhat rare these days.
          Most people used a monochrome monitor.

          I have a green monochrome //c monitor that you're
          welcome to if you'd like to pick it up. It's the
          little white 9" one on the Apple manuals and
          advertising. Combined with the //c it makes for a cute
          setup. I live in Annapolis, MD if you're interested.

          Liam Busey

          http://auctions.yahoo.com/
        • Evan
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 8, 2005
            Thanks, but Bill and Kelly each live closer to me (Delaware and northern NJ).

            display 40 columns on a TV set.  (Didn't
            > realize this
            before
            > because I was only running AppleSoft BASIC which is
            > an
            exception and works

            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 8, 2005
              Bill -- I accept your offer!  If you can bring a color one, that'd be great, thanks.

              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 8, 2005
                OK. Please remind me as we get closer.
                Bill