RE: [midatlanticretro] Apple II monitor?

  • Kelly Leavitt
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 7, 2005
      Evan:
      I've got a Commodore 1084S you can have if you come pick it up in Northern New Jersey. Colors are a little weird.

      Kelly
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 7, 2005
        Evan,
        I have plenty, I will give you one if you want to come down to Delaware to
        pick it up. Do you need full color or monocrome?
        bd

      • billdeg@aol.com
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 7, 2005
          evan,
          or when I come up to InfoAge hopefully next month I can bring one...you may
          not want to wait that long.
          bd
        • Liam Busey
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 8, 2005
            > Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 17:13:03 -0400
            > From: "Evan" <evan947@...>
            > Subject: Apple II monitor?
            >
            > Hey, does anyone have a monitor that'll work on my
            > //c ... I recently
            > discovered that most of the software requires 80
            > columns but the computer
            > will only display 40 columns on a TV set. (Didn't
            > realize this before
            > because I was only running AppleSoft BASIC which is
            > an exception and works
            > fine in 40 columns.)
            >
            > I can get a monitor free from some west coast
            > contacts, but I don't want to
            > pay shipping on something heavy. Prefer to pick it
            > up locally.

            Hmmm, your //c should be able to display 80 columns on
            a television set. It'll just be illegible. ;)

            For 80 column software you'll want a monochrome
            monitor with composite video input jack (just like
            your TV) or an RGB monitor with accompaning interface.
            The //c RGB interfaces are somewhat rare these days.
            Most people used a monochrome monitor.

            I have a green monochrome //c monitor that you're
            welcome to if you'd like to pick it up. It's the
            little white 9" one on the Apple manuals and
            advertising. Combined with the //c it makes for a cute
            setup. I live in Annapolis, MD if you're interested.

            Liam Busey

            http://auctions.yahoo.com/
          • Evan
            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 8, 2005
              Thanks, but Bill and Kelly each live closer to me (Delaware and northern NJ).

              display 40 columns on a TV set.  (Didn't
              > realize this
              before
              > because I was only running AppleSoft BASIC which is
              > an
              exception and works

                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 8, 2005
                  OK. Please remind me as we get closer.