RE: [midatlanticretro] Apple II monitor?

  • Evan
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 7, 2005
      Oh?  Didn't realize they were all compatible.

      Do you have an extra one to sell?  (Or does anyone on this list?)

      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 7, 2005
        Evan:
        I've got a Commodore 1084S you can have if you come pick it up in Northern New Jersey. Colors are a little weird.

        Kelly

      • billdeg@aol.com
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 7, 2005
          Evan,
          I have plenty, I will give you one if you want to come down to Delaware to
          pick it up. Do you need full color or monocrome?
          bd

          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 7, 2005
            evan,
            or when I come up to InfoAge hopefully next month I can bring one...you may
            not want to wait that long.
            bd
          • Liam Busey
            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 8, 2005
              > Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 17:13:03 -0400
              > From: "Evan" <evan947@...>
              > Subject: Apple II monitor?
              >
              > Hey, does anyone have a monitor that'll work on my
              > //c ... I recently
              > discovered that most of the software requires 80
              > columns but the computer
              > will only display 40 columns on a TV set. (Didn't
              > realize this before
              > because I was only running AppleSoft BASIC which is
              > an exception and works
              > fine in 40 columns.)
              >
              > I can get a monitor free from some west coast
              > contacts, but I don't want to
              > pay shipping on something heavy. Prefer to pick it
              > up locally.

              Hmmm, your //c should be able to display 80 columns on
              a television set. It'll just be illegible. ;)

              For 80 column software you'll want a monochrome
              monitor with composite video input jack (just like
              your TV) or an RGB monitor with accompaning interface.
              The //c RGB interfaces are somewhat rare these days.
              Most people used a monochrome monitor.

              I have a green monochrome //c monitor that you're
              welcome to if you'd like to pick it up. It's the
              little white 9" one on the Apple manuals and
              advertising. Combined with the //c it makes for a cute
              setup. I live in Annapolis, MD if you're interested.

              Liam Busey

              http://auctions.yahoo.com/
            • Evan
              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 8, 2005
                Thanks, but Bill and Kelly each live closer to me (Delaware and northern NJ).

                display 40 columns on a TV set.  (Didn't
                > realize this
                before
                > because I was only running AppleSoft BASIC which is
                > an
                exception and works

                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 8, 2005
                  Bill -- I accept your offer!  If you can bring a color one, that'd be great, thanks.

                  Message 8 of 12 , Jul 8, 2005
                    OK. Please remind me as we get closer.
                    Bill