Help please

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 16, 2008
      Message
      A couple of months ago we (I think it was Bill D.) posted a list of suggested computers for our exhibit on 70s/80s micros .... I'm looking for that list and can't seem to find it tonight.  Anyone out there consider themselves search wizards?  Help me find that message!!
    • Christian Liendo
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 17, 2008
        http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/sys/720281837.html

        Working COMMODER 64 with GAMES - $125 (Marine Park, BKLYN)

        Reply to: sale-720281837@...
        Date: 2008-06-15, 12:27AM EDT

        Thats right the very first computer a working Commoder 64 with alot of games (including the most famous Zombie attack game)

        This is a great deal because the system alone costs $130 plus tax and games are separate...(see link)
        http://www.recycledgoods.com/item/24287.aspx
        and Im selling it working, with lost of games for $125

        • Location: Marine Park, BKLYN
        • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

        PostingID: 720281837

      • Bryan Pope
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 17, 2008
          Christian Liendo wrote:
          > http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/sys/720281837.html
          >

          > Working COMMODER 64 with GAMES - $125 (Marine Park, BKLYN)

          > Reply to: sale-720281837@...
          > <mailto:sale-720281837@...?subject=Working%20COMMODER%2064%20with%20GAMES%20-%20$125%20%28Marine%20Park,%20BKLYN%29>
          > Date: 2008-06-15, 12:27AM EDT
          >

          > Thats right the very first computer a working Commoder 64 with alot of
          > games (including the most famous Zombie attack game)
          >
          > This is a great deal because the system alone costs $130 plus tax and
          > games are separate...(see link)
          > http://www.recycledgoods.com/item/24287.aspx
          > and Im selling it working, with lost of games for $125
          >

          > * Location: Marine Park, BKLYN
          > * it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other
          > commercial interests
          >

          > PostingID: 720281837

          I am not sure which is worse - the horrid spelling and grammar, or the
          "most famous Zombie attack game".. I have never heard of this game and
          I grew up with the C64.. But a little search on GB64 reveals three
          possibilities..
          http://www.gb64.com/search.php?f=0&t=0&s=zombie&b=Go%21&d=18&h=1&a=0

          It looks like it was either a type-in game or a Pubic Domain game..

          Cheers,

          Bryan

          P.S. Maybe this poster is talking about some sort of toilet?
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 17, 2008
            >>> I am not sure which is worse - the horrid spelling and grammar, or

            My favorite part is where he says it's "the very first computer"...!

            I guess we're canceling our ENIAC exhibit. :-)