Re: [midatlanticretro] Apple II monitor?

  • billdeg@aol.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 7, 2005
      Any Commodore monitor will work.
      bd

      In a message dated 7/7/2005 6:34:05 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      jscheef@... writes:

      > Evan,
      >
      > I would expect any CGA monitor to work. Does the IIc output NTSC video to
      an
      > RCA jack? Or is there a 9-pin D connector like a CGA card in a PC?
      >
      > Jim
    • Evan
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 7, 2005
        RCA jack

        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 7, 2005
          Oh?  Didn't realize they were all compatible.

          Do you have an extra one to sell?  (Or does anyone on this list?)

          jscheef@... writes:

          >  Evan,

          >  I would
          expect any CGA monitor to work. Does the IIc output NTSC video to
          an
          >  RCA jack? Or is there a 9-pin D connector like a CGA card
          in a PC?

          Vintage computer30th anniversaryComputer security
          Computer trainingSwap meet
        • Kelly Leavitt
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 7, 2005
            Evan:
            I've got a Commodore 1084S you can have if you come pick it up in Northern New Jersey. Colors are a little weird.

            Kelly

            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 7, 2005
              Evan,
              I have plenty, I will give you one if you want to come down to Delaware to
              pick it up. Do you need full color or monocrome?
              bd

              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 7, 2005
                evan,
                or when I come up to InfoAge hopefully next month I can bring one...you may
                not want to wait that long.
                bd
              • Liam Busey
                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 8, 2005
                  > Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 17:13:03 -0400
                  > From: "Evan" <evan947@...>
                  > Subject: Apple II monitor?
                  >
                  > Hey, does anyone have a monitor that'll work on my
                  > //c ... I recently
                  > discovered that most of the software requires 80
                  > columns but the computer
                  > will only display 40 columns on a TV set. (Didn't
                  > realize this before
                  > because I was only running AppleSoft BASIC which is
                  > an exception and works
                  > fine in 40 columns.)
                  >
                  > I can get a monitor free from some west coast
                  > contacts, but I don't want to
                  > pay shipping on something heavy. Prefer to pick it
                  > up locally.

                  Hmmm, your //c should be able to display 80 columns on
                  a television set. It'll just be illegible. ;)

                  For 80 column software you'll want a monochrome
                  monitor with composite video input jack (just like
                  your TV) or an RGB monitor with accompaning interface.
                  The //c RGB interfaces are somewhat rare these days.
                  Most people used a monochrome monitor.

                  I have a green monochrome //c monitor that you're
                  welcome to if you'd like to pick it up. It's the
                  little white 9" one on the Apple manuals and
                  advertising. Combined with the //c it makes for a cute
                  setup. I live in Annapolis, MD if you're interested.

                  Liam Busey

                  http://auctions.yahoo.com/
                • Evan
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jul 8, 2005
                    Thanks, but Bill and Kelly each live closer to me (Delaware and northern NJ).

                    display 40 columns on a TV set.  (Didn't
                    > realize this
                    before
                    > because I was only running AppleSoft BASIC which is
                    > an
                    exception and works

                      Message 10 of 12 , Jul 8, 2005
                        OK. Please remind me as we get closer.