IMSAI in Wantage for sale

    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 6, 2008
      Kelly - this you? (see Ebay auction 150256229275)

      Note the iCOM dual 8" drive is pretty rare. But then you see that pic with
      the cards just piled on each other, makes me cringe. $2500 opening bid is
      not realistic.

      Bill
    • Kelly Leavitt
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 7, 2008
        Not me. I would be wary of that auction too. No activity since 2006, suddenly lists a $2500 opening bid listing.

        Red flags are popping up all over the place...

        I will contact the seller to see if I can look at it though.

        Kelly

        Kelly - this you? (see Ebay auction 150256229275)

        Note the iCOM dual 8" drive is pretty rare. But then you see that pic with
        the cards just piled on each other, makes me cringe. $2500 opening bid is
        not realistic.

        Checked by AVG.

      • Kelly Leavitt
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 9, 2008
          I got a reply back from the seller offering to meet and examine the machine. Anyone interested at this price? I'll go look and report back. It is still a little high for me, but it does now sound legit.

          Kelly

          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 9, 2008
            I am interested in the disks, or copies of the disks.
            Bill

            > I got a reply back from the seller offering to meet and examine the machine. Anyone interested at this price? I'll go look and report back. It is still a little high for me, but it does now sound legit.
            >
            > Kelly

          • Kelly Leavitt
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 16, 2008
              OK, now that it didn't sell for that obscene price, what is fair for one like this?

              Opinions?

              Kelly
              I am interested in the disks, or copies of the disks.
              Bill

              > I got a reply back from the seller offering to meet and examine the machine. Anyone interested at this price? I'll go look and report back. It is still a little high for me, but it does now sound legit.
              >
              > Kelly

              Checked by AVG.

              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 16, 2008
                The lot is worth $2500, if it were proven to work.  If the seller had a working terminal with CP/M 1.4 displayed, that'd sell it quick.
                bd

                At 07:40 PM 6/16/2008 -0400, you wrote:
                OK, now that it didn't sell for that obscene price, what is fair for one like this?

                Opinions?

                Kelly
                I am interested in the disks, or copies of the disks.
                Bill

                > Kelly - this you? (see Ebay auction 150256229275)
                >
                > Note the iCOM dual 8" drive is pretty rare. But then you see that pic with
                > the cards just piled on each other, makes me cringe. $2500 opening bid is
                > not realistic.
              • Kelly Leavitt
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 16, 2008
                  So the "not realistic" comment is due to the unknown state of operation? Since it didn't sell, maybe the person would be more amenable to me imaging the disks if I offered this type of inputl.

                  I am interested in the disks, or copies of the disks.
                  Bill

                  > Kelly - this you? (see Ebay auction 150256229275)
                  >
                  > Note the iCOM dual 8" drive is pretty rare. But then you see that pic with
                  > the cards just piled on each other, makes me cringe. $2500 opening bid is
                  > not realistic.

                  Checked by AVG.

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 16, 2008
                    I would be interested in the cards too. When I see an auction with the cards fanned out on atable

                    Message 9 of 9 , Jun 16, 2008
                      oops, I sent from my phone before completing.

                      ...I meant to say that I would be interested in a hardware inventory and
                      pictures of the drive card (s).

                      Bill