RE: [midatlanticretro] TI99/4a Stuff I'm getting

  • Kelly Leavitt
    Message 1 of 26 , Jun 2, 2008
      Google is your friend:
      http://tinyurl.com/6kl27c

      Manual here: http://www.hamradiomanuals.com/view_manual.php?m=124

      My guess is that it is for RTTY. Yep, RTTY: http://www.aa5au.com/w2jgr.html

      Kelly
      kb2syd

      -----Original Message-----
      From: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com on behalf of Joe Giliberti
      Sent: Mon 6/2/2008 4:24 PM
      To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] TI99/4a Stuff I'm getting

      Also, can anyone tell me what this HAMSoft module for the PEB does? The owner says it has to do with HAM radio, but not much more than that.

      On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 4:14 PM, Bryan Pope <bryan.pope@... <mailto:bryan.pope@...> > wrote:

      Mike Loewen wrote:
      > Yeah, but it's EMPTY. Without any of the expansion cards, it's a boat
      > anchor.

      And speaking of that where is the "firehose"? This is the long flat
      heavy cable that connects to the TI-99/4A... Without that you don't
      even have the chain that holds said anchor.. ;)

      Cheers,

      Bryan

      Message 2 of 26 , Jun 2, 2008
        Bill,

        Sometimes there are bargains on eBay. Someone outbid me on an HP Integral and got it for only $56 because I could not rebid in time.

        Jim

        href="mailto:Starbase89@...">Starbase89@...>

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Joe Giliberti
        Message 3 of 26 , Jun 2, 2008
          Well everything seems to work thus far, save for the joysticks. They have no "up" function. Has color monitor, external FDD, PEB with internal FDD, controller, RS232, 32k, and some other card, speech synth, cassette recorder, a "Compact expansion system" sidecar, and lots of books and cartridges, as well as some disks and cassettes
          He even threw in a compact computer desk.

          Joe

        • schwepes@moog.netaxs.com
          Message 4 of 26 , Jun 3, 2008
            Try the dread standard eight pin such as an Epson109. Mine still works.
            bs