Re: [midatlanticretro] TI99/4a Stuff I'm getting

  • Bryan Pope
    Message 1 of 26 , Jun 2, 2008
      Joe Giliberti wrote:
      > Also, can anyone tell me what this HAMSoft module for the PEB does?
      > The owner says it has to do with HAM radio, but not much more than that.

      It could be to decode data signals or to help you with antennas or
      something like that..

      Cheers,

      Bryan

    • Mason Taube
      Message 2 of 26 , Jun 2, 2008
        the only one i knew of would encode/decode morse code when hooked up to a transceiver. not sure what else it did.

        Also, can anyone tell me what this HAMSoft module for the PEB does? The owner says it has to do with HAM radio, but not much more than that.

        .

      • Kelly Leavitt
        Message 3 of 26 , Jun 2, 2008
          Google is your friend:
          http://tinyurl.com/6kl27c

          Manual here: http://www.hamradiomanuals.com/view_manual.php?m=124

          My guess is that it is for RTTY. Yep, RTTY: http://www.aa5au.com/w2jgr.html

          Kelly
          kb2syd

          Message 4 of 26 , Jun 2, 2008
            Bill,

            Sometimes there are bargains on eBay. Someone outbid me on an HP Integral and got it for only $56 because I could not rebid in time.

            Jim

            href="mailto:Starbase89@...">Starbase89@...>

            <*> Your email settings:
                Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
                (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • Joe Giliberti
            Message 5 of 26 , Jun 2, 2008
              Well everything seems to work thus far, save for the joysticks. They have no "up" function. Has color monitor, external FDD, PEB with internal FDD, controller, RS232, 32k, and some other card, speech synth, cassette recorder, a "Compact expansion system" sidecar, and lots of books and cartridges, as well as some disks and cassettes
              He even threw in a compact computer desk.

              Joe

            • schwepes@moog.netaxs.com
              Message 6 of 26 , Jun 3, 2008
                Try the dread standard eight pin such as an Epson109. Mine still works.
                bs