Re: [midatlanticretro] TI99/4a Stuff I'm getting

  • Mike Loewen
    Message 1 of 26 , Jun 2, 2008
      Yeah, but it's EMPTY. Without any of the expansion cards, it's a boat
      anchor.

      >>> http://www.99er.net/
      >>> http://www.mainbyte.com/ti99/
      >>>
      >>> Enjoy!
      >>>
      >>> Cheers,
      >>>
      >>> Bryan

      Mike Loewen mloewen@...
      The Dixie Lion Jazz Band http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/dixie.html
      The B9 Robot Builders Club B9-0014 http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/B9/
    • Joe Giliberti
      Message 2 of 26 , Jun 2, 2008
        Would a laser printer work, or would such a printer need to be dot matrix? I know of a place where I could get an old HP laserjet II for nothing.

        Joe

        >>> http://www.99er.net/
        >>> http://www.mainbyte.com/ti99/
        >>>
        >>> Enjoy!
        >>>
        >>> Cheers,
        >>>
        >>> Bryan

      • Bryan Pope
        Message 3 of 26 , Jun 2, 2008
          Mike Loewen wrote:
          > Yeah, but it's EMPTY. Without any of the expansion cards, it's a boat
          > anchor.

          And speaking of that where is the "firehose"? This is the long flat
          heavy cable that connects to the TI-99/4A... Without that you don't
          even have the chain that holds said anchor.. ;)

          Cheers,

          Bryan

          Message 4 of 26 , Jun 2, 2008
            Joe Giliberti wrote:
            > Would a laser printer work, or would such a printer need to be dot
            > matrix? I know of a place where I could get an old HP laserjet II for
            > nothing.

            That would depend on the *software*.. ie if the application(s) you want
            to use have HP Laserjet "drivers"...

            Cheers,

            Bryan

            P.S. Best place to ask that would be the TI-99/4A email list...

          • Joe Giliberti
            Message 5 of 26 , Jun 2, 2008
              Also, can anyone tell me what this HAMSoft module for the PEB does? The owner says it has to do with HAM radio, but not much more than that.

              Message 6 of 26 , Jun 2, 2008
                Joe Giliberti wrote:
                > Also, can anyone tell me what this HAMSoft module for the PEB does?
                > The owner says it has to do with HAM radio, but not much more than that.

                It could be to decode data signals or to help you with antennas or
                something like that..

                Cheers,

                Bryan

              • Mason Taube
                Message 7 of 26 , Jun 2, 2008
                  the only one i knew of would encode/decode morse code when hooked up to a transceiver. not sure what else it did.

                  Also, can anyone tell me what this HAMSoft module for the PEB does? The owner says it has to do with HAM radio, but not much more than that.

                  .

                • Kelly Leavitt
                  Message 8 of 26 , Jun 2, 2008
                    Google is your friend:
                    http://tinyurl.com/6kl27c

                    Manual here: http://www.hamradiomanuals.com/view_manual.php?m=124

                    My guess is that it is for RTTY. Yep, RTTY: http://www.aa5au.com/w2jgr.html

                    Kelly
                    kb2syd

                    Message 9 of 26 , Jun 2, 2008
                      Bill,

                      Sometimes there are bargains on eBay. Someone outbid me on an HP Integral and got it for only $56 because I could not rebid in time.

                      Jim

                      href="mailto:Starbase89@...">Starbase89@...>

                      <*> Your email settings:
                          Individual Email | Traditional

                      <*> To change settings online go to:
                          (Yahoo! ID required)

                      <*> To change settings via email:

                          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                    • Joe Giliberti
                      Message 10 of 26 , Jun 2, 2008
                        Well everything seems to work thus far, save for the joysticks. They have no "up" function. Has color monitor, external FDD, PEB with internal FDD, controller, RS232, 32k, and some other card, speech synth, cassette recorder, a "Compact expansion system" sidecar, and lots of books and cartridges, as well as some disks and cassettes
                        He even threw in a compact computer desk.

                        Joe

                      • schwepes@moog.netaxs.com
                        Message 11 of 26 , Jun 3, 2008
                          Try the dread standard eight pin such as an Epson109. Mine still works.
                          bs