Re: [midatlanticretro] TI99/4a Stuff I'm getting

  • Joe Giliberti
    Message 1 of 26 , Jun 2, 2008
      Completed item as of yesterday:

      http://tinyurl.com/5q7ca8

      On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 3:45 PM, Bill Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:

      I can't believe an expansion unit is only $7

      Message 2 of 26 , Jun 2, 2008
        Then it will probably work with most older parallel printers. I have several you are welcome to. I probably also have serial printers that would work. Problem is, I am lazy and slow, and you'd have to convince me to ship one to you. You could always come get one, but Wantage NJ is a long drive for most folks.

        Also have a look at:
        http://home.wanadoo.nl/fgkaal/software.html#ti99print

        Kelly

        Message 3 of 26 , Jun 2, 2008
          Yeah, but it's EMPTY. Without any of the expansion cards, it's a boat
          anchor.

          >>> http://www.99er.net/
          >>> http://www.mainbyte.com/ti99/
          >>>
          >>> Enjoy!
          >>>
          >>> Cheers,
          >>>
          >>> Bryan

          Mike Loewen mloewen@...
          The Dixie Lion Jazz Band http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/dixie.html
          The B9 Robot Builders Club B9-0014 http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/B9/
        • Joe Giliberti
          Message 4 of 26 , Jun 2, 2008
            Would a laser printer work, or would such a printer need to be dot matrix? I know of a place where I could get an old HP laserjet II for nothing.

            Joe

            >>> http://www.99er.net/
            >>> http://www.mainbyte.com/ti99/
            >>>
            >>> Enjoy!
            >>>
            >>> Cheers,
            >>>
            >>> Bryan

          • Bryan Pope
            Message 5 of 26 , Jun 2, 2008
              Mike Loewen wrote:
              > Yeah, but it's EMPTY. Without any of the expansion cards, it's a boat
              > anchor.

              And speaking of that where is the "firehose"? This is the long flat
              heavy cable that connects to the TI-99/4A... Without that you don't
              even have the chain that holds said anchor.. ;)

              Cheers,

              Bryan

              Message 6 of 26 , Jun 2, 2008
                Joe Giliberti wrote:
                > Would a laser printer work, or would such a printer need to be dot
                > matrix? I know of a place where I could get an old HP laserjet II for
                > nothing.

                That would depend on the *software*.. ie if the application(s) you want
                to use have HP Laserjet "drivers"...

                Cheers,

                Bryan

                P.S. Best place to ask that would be the TI-99/4A email list...

              • Joe Giliberti
                Message 7 of 26 , Jun 2, 2008
                  Also, can anyone tell me what this HAMSoft module for the PEB does? The owner says it has to do with HAM radio, but not much more than that.

                  Message 8 of 26 , Jun 2, 2008
                    Joe Giliberti wrote:
                    > Also, can anyone tell me what this HAMSoft module for the PEB does?
                    > The owner says it has to do with HAM radio, but not much more than that.

                    It could be to decode data signals or to help you with antennas or
                    something like that..

                    Cheers,

                    Bryan

                  • Mason Taube
                    Message 9 of 26 , Jun 2, 2008
                      the only one i knew of would encode/decode morse code when hooked up to a transceiver. not sure what else it did.

                      Also, can anyone tell me what this HAMSoft module for the PEB does? The owner says it has to do with HAM radio, but not much more than that.

                      .

                    • Kelly Leavitt
                      Message 10 of 26 , Jun 2, 2008
                        Google is your friend:
                        http://tinyurl.com/6kl27c

                        Manual here: http://www.hamradiomanuals.com/view_manual.php?m=124

                        My guess is that it is for RTTY. Yep, RTTY: http://www.aa5au.com/w2jgr.html

                        Kelly
                        kb2syd

                        Message 11 of 26 , Jun 2, 2008
                          Bill,

                          Sometimes there are bargains on eBay. Someone outbid me on an HP Integral and got it for only $56 because I could not rebid in time.

                          Jim

                          href="mailto:Starbase89@...">Starbase89@...>

                          <*> Your email settings:
                              Individual Email | Traditional

                          <*> To change settings online go to:
                              (Yahoo! ID required)

                          <*> To change settings via email:

                              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                        • Joe Giliberti
                          Message 12 of 26 , Jun 2, 2008
                            Well everything seems to work thus far, save for the joysticks. They have no "up" function. Has color monitor, external FDD, PEB with internal FDD, controller, RS232, 32k, and some other card, speech synth, cassette recorder, a "Compact expansion system" sidecar, and lots of books and cartridges, as well as some disks and cassettes
                            He even threw in a compact computer desk.

                            Joe

                          • schwepes@moog.netaxs.com
                            Message 13 of 26 , Jun 3, 2008
                              Try the dread standard eight pin such as an Epson109. Mine still works.
                              bs