Re: [midatlanticretro] PDP 11/40 in the guest room

  • Bryan Pope
    Message 1 of 5 , May 30, 2008
      B. Degnan wrote:
      > Yesterday, using a series of ramps and wooden panels I moved the PDP 11/40
      > system and DEC half cabinet from my shed in the back yard into the guest
      > bedroom of my house on the exact far opposite end. It was kind of like a
      > history channel episode. Now I know what the Easter Island people were up to.
      >
      > End result - everything is safe and sound and still working. Working = I
      > can save and examine memory. Next I am working on a memory map.

      Hmmm.. more of your rooms in your house are being filled with vintage
      computers.. :) But then it will give guests something to do!

      Cheers,

      Bryan
    • Dan Roganti
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2008

        Bryan Pope wrote:
        B. Degnan wrote:

        Yesterday, using a series of ramps and wooden panels I moved the PDP 11/40
        system and DEC half cabinet from my shed in the back yard into the guest
        bedroom of my house on the exact far opposite end.   It was kind of like a
        history channel episode.  Now I know what the Easter Island people were up to.

        That would've made a nice segment for a new web channel you could add to your website

        Call it     " This Ol' Vintage House "  :)

        Next week's episode ?
        Dismantling a PDP 11/40

        =Dan

        [ Never put off till tomorrow, What you can do the day after tomorrow ]
        [ Pittsburgh --- http://www2.applegate.org/~ragooman/                 ]