RE: [midatlanticretro] a cool link for those interested in sbc's

  • Evan
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 6, 2005
      Chris, you should check out the free utility called TinyURL.  I use it as a toolbar item from inside Firefox and it works great.  The only drawback is that you can't see the original URL by doing a mouse hover over the TinyURL, so you have to be careful that the TinyURL is from a trusted source.  Anyway, here's what I mean:

      Amazon URL for this book:

      TinyURL to the Amazon page:

      See?   :)

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 6, 2005
        Thanks man, I'm aware of it. It was early and I just
        didn't feel like bothering.

        --- Evan <evan947@...> wrote:

        > Chris, you should check out the free utility called
        > TinyURL. I use it as a
        > toolbar item from inside Firefox and it works great.
        > The only drawback is
        > that you can't see the original URL by doing a mouse
        > hover over the TinyURL,
        > so you have to be careful that the TinyURL is from a
        > trusted source.
        > Anyway, here's what I mean:
        >
        > Amazon URL for this book:

        http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0134481437/qid=1120664167/sr=8

        -1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl14/103-6961066-2406208?v=glance

        <http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0134481437/qid=1120664167/sr=

        8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl14/103-6961066-2406208?v=glance&s=books&n=507846>

        http://auctions.yahoo.com/