Re: [midatlanticretro] Baltimore area vint computer items on craigslist

  • John Allain
    Message 1 of 5 , May 27, 2008
      > Anyway, can anyone tell me about a Roland xy plotter.
      > Unfortunately it came without drivers or pens.

      A lot of attachable rs232/pre-USB devices 1970-1990
      were driveable with escaped character commands.
      Meaning: You can format up a text file and send it
      to the device to get it to work. I think my cousin
      has a Roland so there is some potential to get at that
      command set.

      John A.
    • schwepes@moog.netaxs.com
      Message 2 of 5 , May 31, 2008