Re: [midatlanticretro] Baltimore area vint computer items on craigslist

    Message 1 of 5 , May 27, 2008
      Looks like you replied to the wrong message.

      > I've got that beat. I've got a Bondwell that came before hardrives
      > and so it has two 720 3 1/2 drives.
      > Anyway, can anyone tell me about a Roland xy plotter. Unfortunately
      > it came without drivers or pens.
      > bs
      >

      > On Mon, 26 May 2008, B. Degnan wrote:
      >
      >> http://baltimore.craigslist.org/sys/
      >> Antique Laptop , Compaq 286. make offer - $40 - (Bel Air)
      >> Vintage Texas Intruments computer - complete system - $40 -
      >> Radio Shack TRS-80 Model 100 - $50 - (Parkville) pic

    • John Allain
      Message 2 of 5 , May 27, 2008
        > Anyway, can anyone tell me about a Roland xy plotter.
        > Unfortunately it came without drivers or pens.

        A lot of attachable rs232/pre-USB devices 1970-1990
        were driveable with escaped character commands.
        Meaning: You can format up a text file and send it
        to the device to get it to work. I think my cousin
        has a Roland so there is some potential to get at that
        command set.

        John A.
      • schwepes@moog.netaxs.com
        Message 3 of 5 , May 31, 2008