Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Anyone want a job?

  • Dan Roganti
    Message 1 of 26 , May 25, 2008

      B. Degnan wrote:
      At 09:18 PM 5/23/2008 -0700, Ian King wrote:

      I have seven PDP-11s, three PDP-8s, a variety of VAXen and a couple of DG machines, in addition to other stuff like Suns, Alphas, DECstations, etc.  I actually run this stuff (and with original software whenever possible, not just NetBSD), and fix it when it doesn't run.

      Wow.

      he must have Verizon FiOS  -haha

      =Dan
      [ enjoy Memorial Day and Remember                  VFW Post 118 ]

    • BreweryOfTheKings
      Message 2 of 26 , Jul 17 9:47 PM
        A follow-up on this thread: I'll be starting this job mid-August. If
        you ever get out to Seattle, look me up: I owe each of you a beer.
        :-) I would never have learned of this opportunity if you hadn't
        discussed it here. Thanks! -- Ian

        --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Evan" <evan@...> wrote:

        > Awesome, good luck!! (But isn't the job in Seattle? Quite a
        commute from upstate New York.)

        folks next week. The HR person who initially contacted me was quite
        amused when I explained how I'd heard of this position. -- Ian

        commentary on the frequency with which the 'magic smoke' attempts to
        escape these venerable systems.... -- Ian
        Message 3 of 26 , Jul 17 9:52 PM
          >>> I owe each of you a beer. :-) I would never have learned of this
          opportunity if you hadn't discussed it here. Thanks!

          I'd say you owe us a lot more than that!

          A follow-up on this thread: I'll be starting this job mid-August. If you
          ever get out to Seattle, look me up: I owe each of you a beer.
          :-) I would never have learned of this opportunity if you hadn't discussed
          it here. Thanks! -- Ian

          --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Evan" <evan@...> wrote:

          > Awesome, good luck!! (But isn't the job in Seattle? Quite a
          commute from upstate New York.)

        • Christian Liendo
          Message 4 of 26 , Jul 18 4:37 AM
            Hey! didn't I post this here?  :)

            Hey man congrats, enjoy and don't forget us.

            Message 5 of 26 , Jul 18 12:31 PM
              Ian,

              Congratulations! Good luck on the left coast. Nice to know we'll have a MARCH branch way out there.

              Jim

              A follow-up on this thread: I'll be starting this job mid-August.  If
              you ever get out to Seattle, look me up: I owe each of you a beer.
              :-)  I would never have learned of this opportunity if you hadn't
              discussed it here.  Thanks!  -- Ian

              --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Evan" <evan@...> wrote:

              > Awesome, good luck!!  (But isn't the job in Seattle?  Quite a
              commute from upstate New York.)

              <*> Your email settings:
                  Individual Email | Traditional

              <*> To change settings online go to:
                  (Yahoo! ID required)

              <*> To change settings via email:

                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            • Sridhar Ayengar
              Message 6 of 26 , Jul 18 12:43 PM
                Jim Scheef wrote:
                > Ian,
                >
                > Congratulations! Good luck on the left coast. Nice to know we'll have a
                > MARCH branch way out there.

                Hehehe... I'm pretty sure Ian's been out there for quite a while, which
                is why he was interested in the job.

                Peace... Sridhar
              • Ryan Harvey
                Message 7 of 26 , Jul 18 3:05 PM

                  Congrats on the job! It sounds quite interesting and like a vintage computer enthusiast's dream. If I'm ever in Seattle, I'll have to see if I can convince the owner for a tour.

                  --Jack