a cool link for those interested in sbc's

  • Chris M
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 6, 2005
      http://sasteven.multics.org/8088page.html

      in his page he has some good recommendations for 8088
      books, but instead of "his" book on general assembly
      language I recomment IBM PC Assembler Language and
      Programming, by Peter Able, 1st edition, Prentic Hall,
      available on amazon for 4 bucks:
      yeah right, the link is 4 miles long, just search for
      the above title, and you can even read my review of it
      there (I done totally forgot about it!). It's got to
      be first edition though, I'm told later ones weren't
      as cool.

      __________________________________
      Discover Yahoo!
      http://discover.yahoo.com/weekend.html
    • Evan
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 6, 2005
        Chris, you should check out the free utility called TinyURL.  I use it as a toolbar item from inside Firefox and it works great.  The only drawback is that you can't see the original URL by doing a mouse hover over the TinyURL, so you have to be careful that the TinyURL is from a trusted source.  Anyway, here's what I mean:

        Amazon URL for this book:

        TinyURL to the Amazon page:

        See?   :)

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 6, 2005
          Thanks man, I'm aware of it. It was early and I just
          didn't feel like bothering.

          --- Evan <evan947@...> wrote:

          > Chris, you should check out the free utility called
          > TinyURL. I use it as a
          > toolbar item from inside Firefox and it works great.
          > The only drawback is
          > that you can't see the original URL by doing a mouse
          > hover over the TinyURL,
          > so you have to be careful that the TinyURL is from a
          > trusted source.
          > Anyway, here's what I mean:
          >
          > Amazon URL for this book:

          http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0134481437/qid=1120664167/sr=8

          -1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl14/103-6961066-2406208?v=glance

          <http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0134481437/qid=1120664167/sr=

          8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl14/103-6961066-2406208?v=glance&s=books&n=507846>

          http://auctions.yahoo.com/