Stock IBM XT low level format program wanted

  • billdeg@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5, 2005
      [this is a copy of an email I also sent to classic cmp]

      I have an IBM XT with all original parts.  This is the middle era
      version with a Xebec/IBM harddrive controller (no dip switches),
      newer diskette drive, and an IBM 20 MB hard drive.  The computer
      boots with no errors.  It looks like the computer was never used,
      it's pristine.  Might anyone have a link to a program that I can
      use to run a low level format specific to this controller card and
      hard drive?  I have had trouble locating the low level format program
      via DEBUG.  I have found a number of Debug commands on the Internet
      for other drives and controllers, but none for this.  I have searched
      the segement offsets between C000:0000 and EC00:0000 in 0400 increments.
      ..Maybe I am blind!  Is there an IBM official low level format diskette
      image out there?  That would be preferred.
      Thanks...Bill
      -- E N D --