Re: [midatlanticretro] Free TRS-80 in NJ

  • Dan Roganti
    Message 1 of 23 , May 8, 2008

      well, you could always add these versus to the last one I sent 2 months ago(below)

      =Dan

      Bill Degnan wrote:
      Who takes stringy floppies
      runs them over with his car?
      pours a little gasoline
      and lights with a cigar?

      Mike Loewen wrote:
      "Who can take a Coco, connect a drive or two
      Reseat all the RAM, and make it boot like new
      The Tandy Man, oh the Tandy Man can
      The Tandy Man can 'cause he tweaks up every monitor
      until it's good
      Dan Roganti wrote:
      --adapted from Willy Wonka and sung to the tune Candy man

      Tandy Man:
          Who can take a Sun workstation ?
          Finkle in a screw ----
          Cover it in paint--
          is it a miracle or taboo ?--

          The Tandy man
          The Tandy man can
          The Tandy man can cause he mixes it with stringy floppies
          and makes the world run good

          Who can take a wet DEC rainbow
          Disassemble it is a sigh
          Dry it first in the sun
          and let the floppy drives run dry ?

      Children: The Tandy man ?

      Tandy Man:
          The Tandy man
          The Tandy man can
          The Tandy man can cause he mixes it with stringy floppies
          and makes the world run good

          Tandy man makes
          All the vintage flakes
          Satisfying not to own jalopies
          Talk about your childhood vintage copies
          You can even eat the floppies

          Who can take Morrow S-100 motherboard
          Whip it in a snap
          Separate the blown tantalums
          And collect up all the scrap?

      The Tandy man

      Children:
           The Tandy man can

      Tandy Man:
          The Tandy man can cause he mixes it with stringy floppies
          And makes the world run good
          And the world runs good cause the Tandy man thinks it should

      Message 2 of 23 , May 8, 2008
        Message
        ...And thus emerges the REAL motive for why Andy and I founded MARCH -- our deep desire not to be the weirdest guys in the room.  I think we succeeded!

        well, you could always add these versus to the last one I sent 2 months ago(below)

        =Dan
      • Bryan Pope
        Message 3 of 23 , May 8, 2008
          Evan Koblentz wrote:
          > ...And thus emerges the REAL motive for why Andy and I founded MARCH
          > -- our deep desire not to be the weirdest guys in the room. I think
          > we succeeded!

          Bryan notices Andy *slowly* moving away from Evan.... :p

          Cheers,

          Bryan

        • Dan Roganti
          Message 4 of 23 , May 8, 2008
            Bryan Pope wrote:
            Evan Koblentz wrote:

            ...And thus emerges the REAL motive for why Andy and I founded MARCH
            -- our deep desire not to be the weirdest guys in the room.  I think
            we succeeded!

            Bryan notices Andy *slowly* moving away from Evan.... :p

            yea, I smell a wumpus

            shoot arrow !!!

            =Dan

          • Andy Meyer
            Message 5 of 23 , May 8, 2008
              On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 6:46 PM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:
              > ...And thus emerges the REAL motive for why Andy and I founded MARCH -- our
              > deep desire not to be the weirdest guys in the room.

              That's your story. I can't say I've ever had that problem. :)
            • Herb Johnson
              Message 6 of 23 , May 9, 2008
                "Bill Degnan" <billdeg@...> wrote:

                > Who takes stringy floppies
                > runs them over with his car?
                > pours a little gasoline
                > and lights with a cigar?

                I laughed out loud at that one! Oh, "LOL" for you new guys.

                Thanks, I needed that. It was funnier, because I saw what those drives
                sold for on eBay. Let me know if you need more tapes.

                Herb Johnson
                grumpy old computer guy
                retrotechnology.com
                Message 7 of 23 , May 9, 2008

                  >I laughed out loud at that one! Oh, "LOL" for you new guys.
                  >
                  >Thanks, I needed that. It was funnier, because I saw what those drives
                  >sold for on eBay. Let me know if you need more tapes.

                  You have stringy wafers?