Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: New member

  • Chris M
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 4, 2005

      Liam Busey <buseyl@...> wrote:

      >The nice thing about zx80s is that once you're done
      >tinkering with them they make the world's finest door
      >stops. ;)

      Now now, you'd be surprised how useful some doorstops can be. Loads of 8-bit sbc apps are out there doing yeoman's service.

      If I weren't preoccupied with building something based on a (16 bit) Intel chip, I'd probably go for a 6800 myself. Then again I suppose you could pull apart a COCO and play with/modify that (6809 uP).

      >Uh oh, a single post to MARCH and I'm in trouble
      >already. ;)

      >Seriously, don't feel insulted. The comment was
      >directed at myself. Sometimes I find myself
      >accumulating more than tinkering. I try to avoid that
      >but sometimes the toys are just too shiny. Your
      >self-restraint may be better.

      Nah, no trouble, it's just my loopy sense of humore at work. And as to this restraint thing...gimme a minute to look it up...

      Nooooooope, I ain't got none of that! Although I would have to say most people on this list have more puters than I do, I leap at the oppurtunity to add to my junkpi...uh collection. I aim to get alot of tinkering done too, but at this present time I lack the space and time to "set up" for all my nefarious experiments. Muahahahahahaha.

      Yahoo! Sports
    • billdeg@aol.com
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 5, 2005
        that's fine; or bring a trade of your choice.
        bd

        In a message dated 7/4/2005 5:10:14 PM Eastern Standard Time,
        chrism3667@... writes:

        > Bill...I in no way mind paying you for the boards (as
        > many as youre willing to part with) and postage. I can
        > borrow a.s bags from items that are just hanging
        > around. If youre going to be around this weekend,
        > theres a high chance Im going by your way. If not, Ill
        > send you bags and some moola-shmoola.
      • Evan
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 5, 2005
          What the hell is this!?  Yahoo is putting "sponsored links" into our emails, based on the content!?!?!?

          chrism3667@... writes:

          > Bill...I in no way mind paying you
          for the boards (as
          >  many as youre willing to part with) and
          postage. I can
          >  borrow a.s bags from items that are just
          hanging
          >  around. If youre going to be around this
          weekend,
          >  theres a high chance Im going by your way. If not,
          Ill
          >  send you bags and some moola-shmoola.

          Vintage computer30th anniversaryComputer security
          Computer trainingSwap meet
        • Bill Sudbrink
          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 5, 2005
            I don't seem to be receiving them that way.

            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 5, 2005
              Hmm, it happened today for the first time, but didn't appear in the two test messages I just sent.

              The concept of tailoring ads based on a message's content is quite controversial.  I wonder if Yahoo is doing some random tests.

              Message 6 of 14 , Jul 5, 2005
                The message from Bill Degnan that you quoted below did not arrive in my inbox in that format.
                Something must have happened between the list server and you inbox.

                Bill S.

                chrism3667@... writes:

                > Bill...I in no way mind paying you for the boards (as
                >  many as youre willing to part with) and postage. I can
                >  borrow a.s bags from items that are just hanging
                >  around. If youre going to be around this weekend,
                >  theres a high chance Im going by your way. If not, Ill
                >  send you bags and some moola-shmoola.

                Vintage computer30th anniversaryComputer security
                Computer trainingSwap meet

                Vintage computer30th anniversaryComputer security
                Computer trainingSwap meet
              • chrism3667
                Message 7 of 14 , Jul 6, 2005
                  > Acorn BBC B x2 (PAL)
                  > Acorn BBC Master (PAL)

                  Very interesting, although the BBC project if you will smacked of
                  communism lol. I like alot of English puters, and if shipping wasn't
                  so attrocious, I might actually own a few! I really really want a
                  Research Machines Nimbus, among some Apricot machines. Sigh.
                • Liam Busey
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jul 7, 2005
                    > Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 06:19:54 -0000
                    > From: "chrism3667" <chrism3667@...>
                    > Subject: Re: New member
                    >
                    > > Acorn BBC B x2 (PAL)
                    > > Acorn BBC Master (PAL)
                    >
                    > Very interesting, although the BBC project if you
                    > will smacked of
                    > communism lol. I like alot of English puters, and if
                    > shipping wasn't
                    > so attrocious, I might actually own a few! I really
                    > really want a
                    > Research Machines Nimbus, among some Apricot
                    > machines. Sigh.

                    English computers are interesting. They seem to have
                    had many unique platforms that never really escaped
                    their shores.

                    Liam

                    http://auctions.yahoo.com/