Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Video of TCF, very brief MARCH clip

  • Sridhar Ayengar
    Message 1 of 44 , May 8, 2008
      madodel wrote:
      > passing on into our colleges. Do college computer science majors let alone
      > other majors, learn anything other then microsoft these days? How many

      Yes. As I've observed at other times, you can earn a Computer Science
      degree without ever having touched a computer. They don't teach you
      about computers. They teach you about computers' fundamental theories.

      There is some practical stuff in there, but most of the stuff in a
      Computer Science degree program is theoretical.

      You often don't learn Microsoft. But you often don't learn UNIX or MVS
      or any other OS either.

      Peace... Sridhar
    • schwepes@moog.netaxs.com
      Message 44 of 44 , May 13, 2008
        I believe that Heath Kit had already indroduced a home computer kit by
        then. The games were also supposed to help drill one's children in such
        topics as spelling and math, at least according to the advertising that
        came with the Sinclair I got my daughter.
        bs