Re: [midatlanticretro] Free TRS-80 in NJ

  • Evan
    Message 1 of 23 , May 8, 2008
      Thanks Mike.

      I sent the poster an email saying "Get ye to MARCH".

      Message 2 of 23 , May 8, 2008
        I already claimed it!
        bd

        > TRS-80 Model I and Model 2000 HD free for pickup in central NJ.
        >

        > Mike Loewen mloewen@...

      • Bryan Pope
        Message 3 of 23 , May 8, 2008
          Bill Degnan wrote:
          > I already claimed it!

          Well, you are the Tandy guy! ;) <duck>

          Cheers,

          Bryan

          > bd

        • Mike Loewen
          Message 4 of 23 , May 8, 2008
            On Thu, 8 May 2008, Bryan Pope wrote:

            > Bill Degnan wrote:
            >> I already claimed it!
            >>
            > Well, you are the Tandy guy! ;) <duck>

            With apologies to Sammy Davis Jr:

            "Who can take a Coco, connect a drive or two
            Reseat all the RAM, and make it boot like new
            The Tandy Man, oh the Tandy Man can
            The Tandy Man can 'cause he tweaks up every monitor
            until it's good."

            :-)

            Mike Loewen mloewen@...
          • Bill Degnan
            Message 5 of 23 , May 8, 2008
              sheesh!

              I like the 2000's never had one.

              Bill

              > "Who can take a Coco, connect a drive or two
              > Reseat all the RAM, and make it boot like new
              > The Tandy Man, oh the Tandy Man can
              > The Tandy Man can 'cause he tweaks up every monitor
              > until it's good."
              >
              > :-)
              >

              > Mike Loewen mloewen@...

            • Kelly Leavitt
              Message 6 of 23 , May 8, 2008
                The 2000's are great. I have a lot of software for it.

                Kelly

                PS For sheer quantity, I bet I'm the Tandy man... ;-)

                Message 7 of 23 , May 8, 2008
                  > The 2000's are great. I have a lot of software for it.
                  >
                  > Kelly
                  >
                  > PS For sheer quantity, I bet I'm the Tandy man... ;-)

                  will you have an exhibit at VCF with Tandy's?
                • Mike Loewen
                  Message 8 of 23 , May 8, 2008
                    >> To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
                    >> Subject: RE: [midatlanticretro] Free TRS-80 in NJ
                    >>
                    >> The 2000's are great. I have a lot of software for it.
                    >>
                    >> Kelly

                    Don't make me write another verse... :-)

                    Mike Loewen mloewen@...
                  • Bryan Pope
                    Message 9 of 23 , May 8, 2008
                      Mike Loewen wrote:
                      >>> To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
                      >>> Subject: RE: [midatlanticretro] Free TRS-80 in NJ
                      >>>
                      >>> The 2000's are great. I have a lot of software for it.
                      >>>
                      >>> Kelly
                      >>>

                      > Don't make me write another verse... :-)

                      Please please please please please please please please please please
                      please! :D

                      Thanks!,

                      Bryan
                      Message 10 of 23 , May 8, 2008
                        >>> will you have an exhibit at VCF with Tandy's?

                        No, that was at East 3.0!
                      • Bill Degnan
                        Message 11 of 23 , May 8, 2008
                          Who takes stringy floppies
                          runs them over with his car?
                          pours a little gasoline
                          and lights with a cigar?

                          > > Don't make me write another verse... :-)
                          > >

                          > Please please please please please please please please please please
                          > please! :D
                          >
                          > Thanks!,
                          >
                          > Bryan

                        • Dan Roganti
                          Message 12 of 23 , May 8, 2008

                            well, you could always add these versus to the last one I sent 2 months ago(below)

                            =Dan

                            Bill Degnan wrote:
                            Who takes stringy floppies
                            runs them over with his car?
                            pours a little gasoline
                            and lights with a cigar?

                            Mike Loewen wrote:
                            "Who can take a Coco, connect a drive or two
                            Reseat all the RAM, and make it boot like new
                            The Tandy Man, oh the Tandy Man can
                            The Tandy Man can 'cause he tweaks up every monitor
                            until it's good
                            Dan Roganti wrote:
                            --adapted from Willy Wonka and sung to the tune Candy man

                            Tandy Man:
                                Who can take a Sun workstation ?
                                Finkle in a screw ----
                                Cover it in paint--
                                is it a miracle or taboo ?--

                                The Tandy man
                                The Tandy man can
                                The Tandy man can cause he mixes it with stringy floppies
                                and makes the world run good

                                Who can take a wet DEC rainbow
                                Disassemble it is a sigh
                                Dry it first in the sun
                                and let the floppy drives run dry ?

                            Children: The Tandy man ?

                            Tandy Man:
                                The Tandy man
                                The Tandy man can
                                The Tandy man can cause he mixes it with stringy floppies
                                and makes the world run good

                                Tandy man makes
                                All the vintage flakes
                                Satisfying not to own jalopies
                                Talk about your childhood vintage copies
                                You can even eat the floppies

                                Who can take Morrow S-100 motherboard
                                Whip it in a snap
                                Separate the blown tantalums
                                And collect up all the scrap?

                            The Tandy man

                            Children:
                                 The Tandy man can

                            Tandy Man:
                                The Tandy man can cause he mixes it with stringy floppies
                                And makes the world run good
                                And the world runs good cause the Tandy man thinks it should

                            Message 13 of 23 , May 8, 2008
                              Message
                              ...And thus emerges the REAL motive for why Andy and I founded MARCH -- our deep desire not to be the weirdest guys in the room.  I think we succeeded!

                              Message 14 of 23 , May 8, 2008
                                Evan Koblentz wrote:
                                > ...And thus emerges the REAL motive for why Andy and I founded MARCH
                                > -- our deep desire not to be the weirdest guys in the room. I think
                                > we succeeded!

                                Bryan notices Andy *slowly* moving away from Evan.... :p

                                Cheers,

                                Bryan

                              • Dan Roganti
                                Message 15 of 23 , May 8, 2008
                                  Bryan Pope wrote:
                                  Evan Koblentz wrote:

                                  ...And thus emerges the REAL motive for why Andy and I founded MARCH
                                  -- our deep desire not to be the weirdest guys in the room.  I think
                                  we succeeded!

                                  Bryan notices Andy *slowly* moving away from Evan.... :p

                                  yea, I smell a wumpus

                                  shoot arrow !!!

                                  =Dan

                                • Andy Meyer
                                  Message 16 of 23 , May 8, 2008
                                    On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 6:46 PM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:
                                    > ...And thus emerges the REAL motive for why Andy and I founded MARCH -- our
                                    > deep desire not to be the weirdest guys in the room.

                                    That's your story. I can't say I've ever had that problem. :)
                                  • Herb Johnson
                                    Message 17 of 23 , May 9, 2008
                                      "Bill Degnan" <billdeg@...> wrote:

                                      > Who takes stringy floppies
                                      > runs them over with his car?
                                      > pours a little gasoline
                                      > and lights with a cigar?

                                      I laughed out loud at that one! Oh, "LOL" for you new guys.

                                      Thanks, I needed that. It was funnier, because I saw what those drives
                                      sold for on eBay. Let me know if you need more tapes.

                                      Herb Johnson
                                      grumpy old computer guy
                                      retrotechnology.com
                                      Message 18 of 23 , May 9, 2008

                                        >I laughed out loud at that one! Oh, "LOL" for you new guys.
                                        >
                                        >Thanks, I needed that. It was funnier, because I saw what those drives
                                        >sold for on eBay. Let me know if you need more tapes.

                                        You have stringy wafers?