Re: [midatlanticretro] Aug. 13 @ InfoAge

  • Chris M
    Message 1 of 31 , Jul 4, 2005
      if my input matters at all, Sat 6/24 works (if I can
      make it, dont really know from week to week!). Is
      anyone permitted on the property (with prior
      notification, maybe even with an e-mail confirmation)
      on say any old weekday, just to have a look around?
      --- midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      <evan947@...> wrote:
      > Hi all,
      >
      > Another update from Fred @ InfoAge. He says this is
      a "show the flag" event
      > and that he's got a room painted and ready for MARCH
      to use that day (I
      > asked him to let me know the size of the room). He
      also said the main thing
      > he'd like MARCH to do is educate people about what
      we do and our future
      > plans.
      >
      > So..... I think we should temporarily put aside the
      road trip planning (DC,
      > Boston), and concentrate on Aug. 13 for now. After
      all, this event is a
      > great opportunity to get new members and to get our
      club mentioned in the
      > newspapers.
      >
      > A reasonable goal is to have an exhibit about half
      the size of what we did
      > at TCF. (For newbies: at TCF we had about a dozen
      people, each exhibiting a
      > few working systems. See the database section of
      our Yahoo group for
      > details on who brought what.)
      >
      > Meanwhile, Fred points out that it would be awesome
      if we could include some
      > things (albeit probably not working systems) from
      the existing InfoAge
      > collection. (Again for newbies here: InfoAge
      inherited a large collection
      > and about half of it is currently moved in -- for
      details see the database
      > section of our Yahoo group.)
      >
      > Fred also says we can come check out the existing
      collection any weekend
      > except for July 16th. I vote for Saturday, July 24,
      or Sunday, June 25.
      > Feedback please!

      > *** Tell your friends about the (free!) Computer
      Collector Newsletter
      > - 750 readers and no spam / Publishes every Monday /
      Write for us!
      > - Mainframes to videogames, hardware and software,
      we cover it all
      > - W: http://news.computercollector.com E:
      news@...

      Yahoo! Sports
      http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com
    • billdeg
      Message 31 of 31 , Jul 20, 2005
        I have been able to download files to a PC and then use a cable to run
        them on the Commodore as if the PC was drive 10, but I have had less
        luck actually copying files from PC to a Commodore disk. I have not
        played around with it too much however. I will see if I can come up
        with something. I already have a copy of the Little Red Reader and if
        I am successful copying to 1571 I will let you know.
        bd

        --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Mike Loewen <mloewen@c...>
        wrote:

        > I'm new to the Commodore 128 world, and I've discovered I need
        Little
        > Red Reader to copy files on the 1571 from 5-1/4" MSDOS diskettes.
        Not
        > having a serial interface, though, I have no way of getting LRR onto
        > Commodore diskette. Does one of you guys have the resources to put
        LRR on