RE: [midatlanticretro] Re: PDP-8 ... On display

    Message 1 of 27 , May 4 8:56 PM
      Today was the first day our '8 was on public display at the museum. We had
      a typical amount of visitors today (around a dozen), most of whom seemed
      very into computers (sometimes they're not). Everyone today had that 'wow'
      expression when they saw the minicomputer. :)

      NJARC's Harry Klancer was particularly happy to see it in our museum,
      because he used to work on the same model. I suggested to him that he sign
      on to our list here...

      Tuesday night, I'm meeting the plastics guy (see thread below). Going to
      bring him the intact side of the '8 cover so he can take measurements and
      assess whether it's feasible to make two replicas at a decent price for us.
      (Dont worry, I am NOT leaving the original cover with him.)

      I had to bring the cover home today in the passenger seat because it doesn't
      fit in my trunk!