Aug. 13 @ InfoAge

  • Evan
    Message 1 of 31 , Jul 4 1:56 PM
      Hi all,

      Another update from Fred @ InfoAge. He says this is a "show the flag" event
      and that he's got a room painted and ready for MARCH to use that day (I
      asked him to let me know the size of the room). He also said the main thing
      he'd like MARCH to do is educate people about what we do and our future
      plans.

      So..... I think we should temporarily put aside the road trip planning (DC,
      Boston), and concentrate on Aug. 13 for now. After all, this event is a
      great opportunity to get new members and to get our club mentioned in the
      newspapers.

      A reasonable goal is to have an exhibit about half the size of what we did
      at TCF. (For newbies: at TCF we had about a dozen people, each exhibiting a
      few working systems. See the database section of our Yahoo group for
      details on who brought what.)

      Meanwhile, Fred points out that it would be awesome if we could include some
      things (albeit probably not working systems) from the existing InfoAge
      collection. (Again for newbies here: InfoAge inherited a large collection
      and about half of it is currently moved in -- for details see the database
      section of our Yahoo group.)

      Fred also says we can come check out the existing collection any weekend
      except for July 16th. I vote for Saturday, July 24, or Sunday, June 25.
      Feedback please!

      - 750 readers and no spam / Publishes every Monday / Write for us!
    • billdeg
      Message 31 of 31 , Jul 20 5:27 AM
        I have been able to download files to a PC and then use a cable to run
        them on the Commodore as if the PC was drive 10, but I have had less
        luck actually copying files from PC to a Commodore disk. I have not
        played around with it too much however. I will see if I can come up
        with something. I already have a copy of the Little Red Reader and if
        I am successful copying to 1571 I will let you know.
        bd

        --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Mike Loewen <mloewen@c...>
        wrote:

        > I'm new to the Commodore 128 world, and I've discovered I need
        Little
        > Red Reader to copy files on the 1571 from 5-1/4" MSDOS diskettes.
        Not
        > having a serial interface, though, I have no way of getting LRR onto
        > Commodore diskette. Does one of you guys have the resources to put
        LRR on