Re: [midatlanticretro] HOPE update

  • Christian Liendo
    Message 1 of 18 , Apr 30, 2008
      HOPE is on a reserve weekend for me but I can be back in the city by 5pm

      I can man the booth after 6pm

      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 14, 2010
        I brought home the better of MARCH's two PDP-11/05 systems tonight, along with an Atari 2600. Also borrowed a collapsible handtruck from my father. In addition I'm bringing my IBM Simon, club literature, and (maybe) our MARCH logo flags if I can figure out a way to get them on the train. I may cut the poles in half and make some kind of sleeve to easily rebuild them on-site. The actual flags will go with a few other posters in an art portfolio case. Yessir ... the train conductor will LOVE me for schlepping all this. :)

        Sridhar + Jeff J. -- what are you each bringing?
        Message 3 of 18 , Jul 15, 2010
          In summary:

          - Frank is bringing the Apollo Guidance Computer (cool!)
          - Bill Deg. is bringing an AT&T UNIX PC (plan A) or if he can't get it
          working than something else (plan B)
          - I'm bringing the PDP-11/05, Atari 2600, IBM Simon + tablecloths +
          MARCH/InfoAge literature
          - Systems.Glitch (Jonathan) is bringing a Kaypro II and a SPARCclassic.
          - Telmnstr (Ethan) is bringing .... ???
          - Sridhar is bringing .... ???
          - Jeff J. is bringing .... ???

          Arbitrarily, I plan to be there Saturday morning by 9-ish. It would be
          helpful if everyone else could arrive around the same time, or slightly
          after, so we can make sure each table gets the same tablecloth (leftover
          yellow ones from last year's VCF East) + we can set up the MARCH flags
          and stuff.

          Frank / Bill / Sridhar / JJ -- please wear your favorite MARCH or VCF
          shirts.

          Oh, forgot to mention -- I'm also bringing the second batch of VCF
          shirts from last year (the black ones). Jonathan / Ethan -- let me know
          what sizes you wear.

          As always, I'll be reachable by cell; 646.546.9999 except when the train
          goes underground.
        • telmnstr@757.org
          Message 4 of 18 , Jul 15, 2010
            I'm bringing a TRS-80 model 4. I will bring a box of blank floppies.
            I have no software for the machine. If someone has TRS-DOS, that would be
            good. (A copy, just incase the drive is bad.)
          • Sridhar Ayengar
            Message 5 of 18 , Jul 15, 2010
              evan@... wrote:
              > I brought home the better of MARCH's two PDP-11/05 systems tonight,
              > along with an Atari 2600. Also borrowed a collapsible handtruck from
              > my father. In addition I'm bringing my IBM Simon, club literature,
              > and (maybe) our MARCH logo flags if I can figure out a way to get
              > them on the train. I may cut the poles in half and make some kind of
              > sleeve to easily rebuild them on-site. The actual flags will go with
              > a few other posters in an art portfolio case. Yessir ... the train
              > conductor will LOVE me for schlepping all this. :)
              >
              > Sridhar + Jeff J. -- what are you each bringing?

              I think I'll probably bring an Apple //e and a VAXstation 4000/VLC.

              BTW, for those who offered to bring an LCD TV to HOPE, I would like to
              take one of you up on that offer for use with my //e.

              Peace... Sridhar
            • Bill Degnan
              Message 6 of 18 , Jul 15, 2010
                it would also be very useful to have more than one LCD TV, another for the
                Atari 2600.
                bd

              • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
                Message 7 of 18 , Jul 15, 2010
                  Sridhar Ayengar <ploopster@...> wrote:

                  >I think I'll probably bring an Apple //e and a VAXstation 4000/VLC.

                  I told Evan I'd offer a VAXstation 4000/VLC replete with an ATA flight case
                  custom made for it (this VLC traveled around the world for trade shows).

                  Sridhar, if you don't have one, see if you can obtain a d|i|g|i|t|a|l part
                  number 29-32549-01 RGB-SOG BNC to VGA adapter. It'll make your VS4000/VLC
                  function with today's flat panal VGA screen. Beats lugging heavy monitors;
                  especially those that are RGB-SOG.
                • Sridhar Ayengar
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jul 15, 2010
                    system@... wrote:
                    > Sridhar Ayengar<ploopster@...> wrote:
                    >
                    >> I think I'll probably bring an Apple //e and a VAXstation 4000/VLC.
                    >
                    > I told Evan I'd offer a VAXstation 4000/VLC replete with an ATA flight case
                    > custom made for it (this VLC traveled around the world for trade shows).
                    >
                    > Sridhar, if you don't have one, see if you can obtain a d|i|g|i|t|a|l part
                    > number 29-32549-01 RGB-SOG BNC to VGA adapter. It'll make your VS4000/VLC
                    > function with today's flat panal VGA screen. Beats lugging heavy monitors;
                    > especially those that are RGB-SOG.

                    I doubt I could obtain that on such short notice. But, in any case, I
                    was planning on using the Apple //e as a terminal for the VAXstation.

                    Peace... Sridhar
                  • evan@snarc.net
                    Message 9 of 18 , Jul 15, 2010
                      >>> it would also be very useful to have more than one LCD TV, another for the Atari 2600.

                      I plan to bring a small TV, but I'd strongly prefer an LCD ... because it's one less thing to take on the train!!!
                      Message 10 of 18 , Jul 10, 2014
                        MARCHins,

                        Update/refresher on HOPE:

                        - Me, Bill Deg., Jeff B., Jeff J., Sridhar, Mouse, Ian, and Glitch will
                        all be working the club's exhibit on the mezzanine level of the hotel

                        - Tickets were extremely sparse. We have no more available. All MARCHins
                        are welcome to help/hang out with us, but unfortunately we can't provide
                        any more tickets.

                        - As previously stated, the club booked a room in the hotel; Ian and I
                        have dibs on the beds. All MARCHins are welcome to use floor/chair/couch
                        space and the shower (well, not for sleeping!) on a first-come,
                        first-served based. However this being Manhattan we expect the room to
                        be really small.

                        - Bring money for food .... because New York.
                      • billdeg
                        Message 11 of 18 , Jul 12, 2014
                          please recap the systems being exhibited.
                          Message 12 of 18 , Jul 12, 2014
                            >> please recap the systems being exhibited.

                            Sure.

                            MARCH is exhibiting the Mimeo, Apple II, Lisa 2, and Mac 128K.

                            Ian is bringing Apple II clones.

                            Sridhar is bringing a //c.

                            Mouse is bringing his Mac Portable.

                            TBD: e, +, III.

                          • Jeffrey Brace
                            Message 13 of 18 , Jul 14, 2014
                              > please recap the systems being exhibited.

                              And here I thought he meant to replace all the capacitors in these systems! ;)

                              Jeff Brace