Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [midatlanticretro] HOPE update

Expand Messages
  • Sridhar Ayengar
    ... I ll check that page out when I have a minute. BTW, I will come again this year. ... Ok. ... I can be there both days if necessary. My brother lives down
    Message 1 of 18 , Apr 30, 2008
    • 0 Attachment
      Evan wrote:
      > Everyone: go to wiki.thelasthope.org, click the 'projects' link and
      > then 'vintage computers demo'.
      >
      > Myself and a HOPE official coordinated that page today. MARCH is
      > listed on their map page as well. Our space is about 16x19 feet so
      > we can fit about six tables.

      I'll check that page out when I have a minute.

      BTW, I will come again this year.

      > I posted in the wiki and at talk.hope.net that any HOPE attendee
      > wishing to participate in the demo should coordinate with MARCH via
      > our own list (the HOPE admins are okay with that).

      Ok.

      > In 2006 we only exhibited for one day. I don't think anyone here
      > (certainly not me) wants to pay the $155/night for a double room. So
      > what I propose is that we start EARLY on Sat. and stay LATE. There's
      > a hammock area across from our space if anyone needs a mid-day break.

      I can be there both days if necessary. My brother lives down there, and
      I'll crash at his place.

      Peace... Sridhar
    • Sridhar Ayengar
      ... Like I said, I will be able to be there both days, and I won t need a room. Peace... Sridhar
      Message 2 of 18 , Apr 30, 2008
      • 0 Attachment
        Evan Koblentz wrote:
        > Slight update ... the HOPE admins really want us to stay for at least two
        > days, since we're using significant space.
        >
        > I'm not completely against that, I'm just cheap. :)
        >
        > If we have six or seven people who want to share a couple of rooms in the
        > hotel, that could work out.
        >
        > Anyway, they want to know our plan SOON, so let's get chatting about it.

        Like I said, I will be able to be there both days, and I won't need a room.

        Peace... Sridhar
      • Bill Degnan
        I will be there at least one day, I may have a place to stay or I will book a room bd
        Message 3 of 18 , Apr 30, 2008
        • 0 Attachment
          I will be there at least one day, I may have a place to stay or I will book a room
          bd

          -------- Original Message --------
          > From: Sridhar Ayengar <ploopster@...>
          > Sent: Wednesday, April 30, 2008 2:59 PM
          > To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
          > Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] HOPE update
          >
          > Evan wrote:
          > > Everyone: go to wiki.thelasthope.org, click the 'projects' link and
          > > then 'vintage computers demo'.
          > >
          > > Myself and a HOPE official coordinated that page today. MARCH is
          > > listed on their map page as well. Our space is about 16x19 feet so
          > > we can fit about six tables.
          >
          > I'll check that page out when I have a minute.
          >
          > BTW, I will come again this year.
          >
          > > I posted in the wiki and at talk.hope.net that any HOPE attendee
          > > wishing to participate in the demo should coordinate with MARCH via
          > > our own list (the HOPE admins are okay with that).
          >
          > Ok.
          >
          > > In 2006 we only exhibited for one day. I don't think anyone here
          > > (certainly not me) wants to pay the $155/night for a double room. So
          > > what I propose is that we start EARLY on Sat. and stay LATE. There's
          > > a hammock area across from our space if anyone needs a mid-day break.
          >
          > I can be there both days if necessary. My brother lives down there, and
          > I'll crash at his place.
          >
          > Peace... Sridhar
          >
          > ------------------------------------
          >
          > Yahoo! Groups Links
          >
          >
          >
        • Christian Liendo
          HOPE is on a reserve weekend for me but I can be back in the city by 5pm I can man the booth after 6pm --- On Wed, 4/30/08, Evan Koblentz
          Message 4 of 18 , Apr 30, 2008
          • 0 Attachment
            HOPE is on a reserve weekend for me but I can be back in the city by 5pm

            I can man the booth after 6pm


            --- On Wed, 4/30/08, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:
            From: Evan Koblentz <evan@...>
            Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] HOPE update
            To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Wednesday, April 30, 2008, 1:34 PM

            Slight update ... the HOPE admins really want us to stay for at least two
            days, since we're using significant space.

            I'm not completely against that, I'm just cheap. :)

            If we have six or seven people who want to share a couple of rooms in the
            hotel, that could work out.

            Anyway, they want to know our plan SOON, so let's get chatting about it.

            > Everyone: go to wiki.thelasthope. org, click the 'projects' link and then
            > 'vintage computers demo'.
            >
            > Myself and a HOPE official coordinated that page today. MARCH is listed
            > on their map page as well. Our space is about 16x19 feet so we can fit
            > about six tables.
            >
            > I posted in the wiki and at talk.hope.net that any HOPE attendee wishing
            > to participate in the demo should coordinate with MARCH via our own list
            > (the HOPE admins are okay with that).
            >
            > In 2006 we only exhibited for one day. I don't think anyone here
            > (certainly not me) wants to pay the $155/night for a double room. So what
            > I propose is that we start EARLY on Sat. and stay LATE. There's a hammock
            > area across from our space if anyone needs a mid-day break.
            >
            > Comments / suggestions please.
            >



            Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.
          • evan@snarc.net
            I brought home the better of MARCH s two PDP-11/05 systems tonight, along with an Atari 2600. Also borrowed a collapsible handtruck from my father. In addition
            Message 5 of 18 , Jul 14, 2010
            • 0 Attachment
              I brought home the better of MARCH's two PDP-11/05 systems tonight, along with an Atari 2600. Also borrowed a collapsible handtruck from my father. In addition I'm bringing my IBM Simon, club literature, and (maybe) our MARCH logo flags if I can figure out a way to get them on the train. I may cut the poles in half and make some kind of sleeve to easily rebuild them on-site. The actual flags will go with a few other posters in an art portfolio case. Yessir ... the train conductor will LOVE me for schlepping all this. :)

              Sridhar + Jeff J. -- what are you each bringing?
            • Evan Koblentz
              In summary: - Frank is bringing the Apollo Guidance Computer (cool!) - Bill Deg. is bringing an AT&T UNIX PC (plan A) or if he can t get it working than
              Message 6 of 18 , Jul 15, 2010
              • 0 Attachment
                In summary:

                - Frank is bringing the Apollo Guidance Computer (cool!)
                - Bill Deg. is bringing an AT&T UNIX PC (plan A) or if he can't get it
                working than something else (plan B)
                - I'm bringing the PDP-11/05, Atari 2600, IBM Simon + tablecloths +
                MARCH/InfoAge literature
                - Systems.Glitch (Jonathan) is bringing a Kaypro II and a SPARCclassic.
                - Telmnstr (Ethan) is bringing .... ???
                - Sridhar is bringing .... ???
                - Jeff J. is bringing .... ???

                Arbitrarily, I plan to be there Saturday morning by 9-ish. It would be
                helpful if everyone else could arrive around the same time, or slightly
                after, so we can make sure each table gets the same tablecloth (leftover
                yellow ones from last year's VCF East) + we can set up the MARCH flags
                and stuff.

                Frank / Bill / Sridhar / JJ -- please wear your favorite MARCH or VCF
                shirts.

                Oh, forgot to mention -- I'm also bringing the second batch of VCF
                shirts from last year (the black ones). Jonathan / Ethan -- let me know
                what sizes you wear.

                As always, I'll be reachable by cell; 646.546.9999 except when the train
                goes underground.
              • telmnstr@757.org
                I m bringing a TRS-80 model 4. I will bring a box of blank floppies. I have no software for the machine. If someone has TRS-DOS, that would be good. (A copy,
                Message 7 of 18 , Jul 15, 2010
                • 0 Attachment
                  I'm bringing a TRS-80 model 4. I will bring a box of blank floppies.
                  I have no software for the machine. If someone has TRS-DOS, that would be
                  good. (A copy, just incase the drive is bad.)
                • Sridhar Ayengar
                  ... I think I ll probably bring an Apple //e and a VAXstation 4000/VLC. BTW, for those who offered to bring an LCD TV to HOPE, I would like to take one of you
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jul 15, 2010
                  • 0 Attachment
                    evan@... wrote:
                    > I brought home the better of MARCH's two PDP-11/05 systems tonight,
                    > along with an Atari 2600. Also borrowed a collapsible handtruck from
                    > my father. In addition I'm bringing my IBM Simon, club literature,
                    > and (maybe) our MARCH logo flags if I can figure out a way to get
                    > them on the train. I may cut the poles in half and make some kind of
                    > sleeve to easily rebuild them on-site. The actual flags will go with
                    > a few other posters in an art portfolio case. Yessir ... the train
                    > conductor will LOVE me for schlepping all this. :)
                    >
                    > Sridhar + Jeff J. -- what are you each bringing?

                    I think I'll probably bring an Apple //e and a VAXstation 4000/VLC.

                    BTW, for those who offered to bring an LCD TV to HOPE, I would like to
                    take one of you up on that offer for use with my //e.

                    Peace... Sridhar
                  • Bill Degnan
                    it would also be very useful to have more than one LCD TV, another for the Atari 2600. bd
                    Message 9 of 18 , Jul 15, 2010
                    • 0 Attachment
                      it would also be very useful to have more than one LCD TV, another for the
                      Atari 2600.
                      bd

                      -------- Original Message --------
                      > From: "Sridhar Ayengar" <ploopster@...>
                      > Sent: Thursday, July 15, 2010 11:25 AM
                      > To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
                      > Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] HOPE update
                      >
                      > evan@... wrote:
                      > > I brought home the better of MARCH's two PDP-11/05 systems tonight,
                      > > along with an Atari 2600. Also borrowed a collapsible handtruck from
                      > > my father. In addition I'm bringing my IBM Simon, club literature,
                      > > and (maybe) our MARCH logo flags if I can figure out a way to get
                      > > them on the train. I may cut the poles in half and make some kind of
                      > > sleeve to easily rebuild them on-site. The actual flags will go with
                      > > a few other posters in an art portfolio case. Yessir ... the train
                      > > conductor will LOVE me for schlepping all this. :)
                      > >
                      > > Sridhar + Jeff J. -- what are you each bringing?
                      >
                      > I think I'll probably bring an Apple //e and a VAXstation 4000/VLC.
                      >
                      > BTW, for those who offered to bring an LCD TV to HOPE, I would like to
                      > take one of you up on that offer for use with my //e.
                      >
                      > Peace... Sridhar
                      >
                      >
                      > ------------------------------------
                      >
                      > Yahoo! Groups Links
                      >
                      >
                      >
                    • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
                      ... I told Evan I d offer a VAXstation 4000/VLC replete with an ATA flight case custom made for it (this VLC traveled around the world for trade shows).
                      Message 10 of 18 , Jul 15, 2010
                      • 0 Attachment
                        Sridhar Ayengar <ploopster@...> wrote:

                        >I think I'll probably bring an Apple //e and a VAXstation 4000/VLC.

                        I told Evan I'd offer a VAXstation 4000/VLC replete with an ATA flight case
                        custom made for it (this VLC traveled around the world for trade shows).

                        Sridhar, if you don't have one, see if you can obtain a d|i|g|i|t|a|l part
                        number 29-32549-01 RGB-SOG BNC to VGA adapter. It'll make your VS4000/VLC
                        function with today's flat panal VGA screen. Beats lugging heavy monitors;
                        especially those that are RGB-SOG.
                      • Sridhar Ayengar
                        ... I doubt I could obtain that on such short notice. But, in any case, I was planning on using the Apple //e as a terminal for the VAXstation. Peace...
                        Message 11 of 18 , Jul 15, 2010
                        • 0 Attachment
                          system@... wrote:
                          > Sridhar Ayengar<ploopster@...> wrote:
                          >
                          >> I think I'll probably bring an Apple //e and a VAXstation 4000/VLC.
                          >
                          > I told Evan I'd offer a VAXstation 4000/VLC replete with an ATA flight case
                          > custom made for it (this VLC traveled around the world for trade shows).
                          >
                          > Sridhar, if you don't have one, see if you can obtain a d|i|g|i|t|a|l part
                          > number 29-32549-01 RGB-SOG BNC to VGA adapter. It'll make your VS4000/VLC
                          > function with today's flat panal VGA screen. Beats lugging heavy monitors;
                          > especially those that are RGB-SOG.

                          I doubt I could obtain that on such short notice. But, in any case, I
                          was planning on using the Apple //e as a terminal for the VAXstation.

                          Peace... Sridhar
                        • evan@snarc.net
                          ... I plan to bring a small TV, but I d strongly prefer an LCD ... because it s one less thing to take on the train!!!
                          Message 12 of 18 , Jul 15, 2010
                          • 0 Attachment
                            >>> it would also be very useful to have more than one LCD TV, another for the Atari 2600.

                            I plan to bring a small TV, but I'd strongly prefer an LCD ... because it's one less thing to take on the train!!!
                          • Evan Koblentz
                            MARCHins, Update/refresher on HOPE: - Me, Bill Deg., Jeff B., Jeff J., Sridhar, Mouse, Ian, and Glitch will all be working the club s exhibit on the mezzanine
                            Message 13 of 18 , Jul 10, 2014
                            • 0 Attachment
                              MARCHins,

                              Update/refresher on HOPE:

                              - Me, Bill Deg., Jeff B., Jeff J., Sridhar, Mouse, Ian, and Glitch will
                              all be working the club's exhibit on the mezzanine level of the hotel

                              - Tickets were extremely sparse. We have no more available. All MARCHins
                              are welcome to help/hang out with us, but unfortunately we can't provide
                              any more tickets.

                              - As previously stated, the club booked a room in the hotel; Ian and I
                              have dibs on the beds. All MARCHins are welcome to use floor/chair/couch
                              space and the shower (well, not for sleeping!) on a first-come,
                              first-served based. However this being Manhattan we expect the room to
                              be really small.

                              - Bring money for food .... because New York.
                            • billdeg
                              please recap the systems being exhibited.
                              Message 14 of 18 , Jul 12, 2014
                              • 0 Attachment
                                please recap the systems being exhibited.
                              • Evan Koblentz
                                ... Sure. MARCH is exhibiting the Mimeo, Apple II, Lisa 2, and Mac 128K. Ian is bringing Apple II clones. Sridhar is bringing a //c. Mouse is bringing his Mac
                                Message 15 of 18 , Jul 12, 2014
                                • 0 Attachment
                                  >> please recap the systems being exhibited.

                                  Sure.

                                  MARCH is exhibiting the Mimeo, Apple II, Lisa 2, and Mac 128K.

                                  Ian is bringing Apple II clones.

                                  Sridhar is bringing a //c.

                                  Mouse is bringing his Mac Portable.

                                  TBD: e, +, III.



                                    
                                • Jeffrey Brace
                                  ... And here I thought he meant to replace all the capacitors in these systems! ;) Jeff Brace
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Jul 14, 2014
                                  • 0 Attachment
                                    > please recap the systems being exhibited.

                                    And here I thought he meant to replace all the capacitors in these systems! ;)

                                    Jeff Brace
                                  Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.