Next event: "The Last HOPE"

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 27, 2008
      Message

      Next: "The Last HOPE" at the Hotel Pennsylvania, in New York City! It's July 18-20. That is a Friday - Sunday, but obviously it is not cheap or convenient to stay in Manhattan hotels with lots of vintage computer gear. So, as at HOPE Number Six, I suggest that we go for just one (but long) day -- Saturday, July 19. Who's in???

      (For those not familiar, "HOPE" is the Hackers On Planet Earth conference, sponsored by 2600 magazine.  MARCH demo'd there in 2006 (the conference is every two years) and we all had a great time.  Our exhibit is just like the Trenton exhibit, except the audience is obviously more hard-core.)  Every edition of HOPE has a unique name; 2008 is "The Last" because this is the last year of the Hotel Pennsylvania (directly across from Penn Station).

      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 28, 2008
        At 10:30 PM 4/27/2008 -0400, you wrote:

        >Next: "The Last HOPE" at the Hotel Pennsylvania, in New York City! It's
        >July 18-20. That is a Friday - Sunday, but obviously it is not cheap or
        >convenient to stay in Manhattan hotels with lots of vintage computer gear.
        >So, as at HOPE Number Six, I suggest that we go for just one (but long)
        >day -- Saturday, July 19. Who's in???

        I am. The great thing about the hotel Pennsylvania is that you can take a
        train. Very convenient. Last year I brought a TRS 80 Model 1 exhibit on
        the train. No problem

        bd