OT: Cleaning house

  • Kelly Leavitt
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 27 3:41 PM
      OK, I just have to make room. I have made a pile of old computers in the basement, and this is the last call. If anyone in MARCH can use them, I have a ready stock of 486, pentium and centrino machines. Maybe even a PII in the bunch. The current count is 28 systems. Most are complete booting computers. Some are partial units. There are Dells, Packard Bells, AT&T, DEC PC, and a whole lot of no-name clones.

      I will make an inventory list and post it if I get any interest. If no one steps up, I will scrap them. Scrapping starts one week from today. I found someone that'll give me $4 per pound for unsorted boards. $5 per pound for SIMMS (and I have about 10 pounds of SIMMS).

      I hate to use the S word, but even after dumping these 28 machines, I will have 8 or so in the same category.

      Any other polite suggestions on what to do with them?

      Thanks,
      Kelly

      Checked by AVG.
    • Ryan Harvey
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 27 3:46 PM
        I have a suggestion that you COULD do if push comes to shove:  Donate them to poor computerless souls. Hey, I may be interested in an AT&T or two. What models do you have, and could you snap a pic or two?

        --Ryan

      • Kelly Leavitt
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 27 4:03 PM
          > I have a suggestion that you COULD do if push comes to shove:  Donate them to poor computerless souls. Hey, I may
          > be  interested in an AT&T or two. What models do you have, and could you snap a pic or two?

          Ryan:

          This is a giveaway, providing you COME GET THEM in Wantage NJ. Free, no charge. Bring me a cup of coffee if you want.

          I am not interested in packing them, saving them, or even transporting them more than a few miles. The scrapper will come get them if I have more than 100 pounds (which I do).

          I will email you pictures of the AT&T machines. One is a retired Globalyst server with onboard SCSI.

          The other AT&T  is a low end 486 clone. Neither are 6300's if that is what you're looing for. Nothing in the pile is that interesting, and Texas is a LONG drive.

          Kelly

          Checked by AVG.

        • Kelly Leavitt
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 27 5:33 PM