Re: [midatlanticretro] Gas versus beer trade-off

  • Dan Roganti
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 25 3:42 PM

      I didn't want to get off-topic here,
      I was only saying this stuff in jest---sometimes in life, you needn't be too serious--
      Relative is _always_ the key word.
      Milk costs more per gallon, but who drinks a gallon in a day ?

      I've been tinkering on the topic of alternative energy for a long while.
      It even influenced my daughter, and she has just won first prize in the PJAS science fair for Pittsburgh.
      It was for alternative energy sources by creating electricity from recycling wastewater.

      As far as beer is concerned, it doesn't have enough alcohol content, but ethanol does.
      And ethanol can be easily made nowadays,
      even for the hobbyist and without _corn_ or other plants,
      but with additional microorganisms.

      =Dan
      just having some fun

      Jim Scheef wrote:
      Bill,

      I agree. The only way to make your own transportation fuel seems to be collecting (and then filtering to purify) used frying fat (vegetable oil) from McDonalds and similar sources. Of course this  is a substitute for diesel fuel, not gasoline.

      Jim