RE: [midatlanticretro] Boston trip

  • Evan
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 2 10:22 PM
      Kidding aside, there are plenty of affordable and nice places in Boston/Cambridge.  It won't be a problem.

      What could be an issue is finding time to plan both the Boston and DC trips!

      DC -- Smithsonian exhibit closes soon, see it while we can
      DC -- I think we have more members closer to that area
      DC -- Do-able in one day, though some disagree  :)

      Boston -- Twice as many things to see
      Boston -- Greater opportunity to buy stuff
      Boston -- Costs more (two days at least)

      Should we pick one, or try to do both?  If we want to do both, which should come first?  Opinions, please!    :)

      Meanwhile, the InfoAge grand opening is still on for Sat., Aug. 13.  I really think we have to do * something * for that event, some kind of exhibit, no matter how small.  Since it's a one-day thing and probably will see a couple of hundred visitors at most, maybe we can do something like at TCF, but on a much smaller scale.  Probably would be good to schedule that preliminary visit to see their existing collection sometime before then -- actually, ASAP!