Boston trip

  • cowfeemee
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 2 10:02 PM
      Hi everybody. From what I'm hearing about that hotel of Evan's TCF
      adventure, sounds like the Reed Roof Inn ;) ... I think for the Boston
      trip I would go for my usual: inexpensive, secure, and clean. Judging
      from the proposed itinerary, you're at the motel just to fuel up on
      ZZZZ's anyway.
      As to when to go... I think you'll get more people to go if you do this
      when most aren't working....on the weekend.
      DRB
    • Evan
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 2 10:22 PM
        Kidding aside, there are plenty of affordable and nice places in Boston/Cambridge.  It won't be a problem.

        What could be an issue is finding time to plan both the Boston and DC trips!

        DC -- Smithsonian exhibit closes soon, see it while we can
        DC -- I think we have more members closer to that area
        DC -- Do-able in one day, though some disagree  :)

        Boston -- Twice as many things to see
        Boston -- Greater opportunity to buy stuff
        Boston -- Costs more (two days at least)

        Should we pick one, or try to do both?  If we want to do both, which should come first?  Opinions, please!    :)

        Meanwhile, the InfoAge grand opening is still on for Sat., Aug. 13.  I really think we have to do * something * for that event, some kind of exhibit, no matter how small.  Since it's a one-day thing and probably will see a couple of hundred visitors at most, maybe we can do something like at TCF, but on a much smaller scale.  Probably would be good to schedule that preliminary visit to see their existing collection sometime before then -- actually, ASAP!