Traven tape drive?

  • Bryan Pope
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 24, 2008
      Does anybody have a tape drive that reads Traven 2.5GB tapes that they
      would like to get rid of and is going to the TCF?

      Thanks,

      Bryan
    • Bill Degnan
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 24, 2008
        Bryan,
        I only have one "Echo" drive, which is what you want. "Traven" is a format. You're welcome to bring it here to Wilmington to restore your tape or you could even borrow the computer that it's installed upon....but I would need it back. We used these in the late 90's at my work. They worked well.
        Bill

        > Does anybody have a tape drive that reads Traven 2.5GB tapes that they
        > would like to get rid of and is going to the TCF?
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Bryan

      • Bryan Pope
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 24, 2008
          Bill Degnan wrote:
          > Bryan,
          > I only have one "Echo" drive, which is what you want. "Traven" is a format. You're welcome to bring it here to Wilmington to restore your tape or you could even borrow the computer that it's installed upon....but I would need it back. We used these in the late 90's at my work. They worked well.

          Bill,

          You are very correct about the Traven being a format.. Since I only
          would like one tape restored, I will come over to your office some time
          and restore it. It is over 12 years old and may have some old code of
          mine.. :)

          Thanks,

          Bryan