Tarbell Controller / 8080 System / CP/M 2.2?

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 23, 2008
      Herb (all),

      I found in my stuff a Tarbell disk controller and docs that refers to CP/M
      1.4, with directions for installation and testing on an Altair or IMSAI
      with 8080. Interestingly I also found a few CP/M 2.2 disks labeled
      "Tarbell". Hmm..

      Then I found this
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DRj_bDPuLg

      Before this video I did not know that there was a 2.2 version of CP/M for
      the 8080 computer. For some reason I thought few people if any used
      anything other than a z-80 processor system to run CP/M 2.x - I thought
      that CP/M 2.2 would only work on the z-80.

      I guess I was wrong!

      Question:
      Did anyone in this group regularly use in the late 70's early 80's an
      8080-based system and CP/M 2.2 (not a Z-80) with Tarbell or other
      controller? What system and when?