TCF Flea Market

  • Joe Giliberti
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 23, 2008
      What kinds of stuff should one expect to see at the flea market at VCF? Old, stuff we'd be interested in, or new stuff?

      Thanks
      Joe
    • Evan
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 23, 2008
        VCF is all about exhibits and lectures. This year we may have a small flea market area, because one or two individuals said they want to sell, and MARCH / InfoAge has some things to sell of its own. But it is VERY important to understand that VCF does not = big flea market. VCF is more like an antique car show, except that most of the cars are running. :)

        Of course, unlike at Trenton, VCF East is our show, so we make the rules. Basic rules for exhibitors is "stick to exhibiting, but if you want to sell anything, just keep it discreet"...

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 23, 2008
          I think Joe was asking about TCF, and put in VCF. My experience has been that there are always SOME interesting things at the TCF flea, but mostly it is middle aged to newer stuff. The older stuff is getting pretty rare in fleamarkets, and price expectations are climbing.

          At last year's Sussex County (NJ) hamfest there were 2 older computers worth looking at, but both individuals must have been smoking something. One wanted $100 for a TRS-80 Model 4, and the other wanted something like $350 for an Osborn Executive.

          Kelly

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 23, 2008
            Oh.

            TCF - yup, the flea market mostly sucked in the past few years. Lots of PC junk. But I think some MARCHins found a gem or two. Look through our message archives...

            Subj: RE: [midatlanticretro] TCF Flea Market
            Date: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:23 pm
            Size: 2K
            To: <midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com>

            Date: Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:54 pm
            Size: 2K
            To: midatlanticretro <midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com <mailto:midatlanticretro%40yahoogroups.com> >

            What kinds of stuff should one expect to see at the flea market at VCF? Old, stuff wed be interested in, or new stuff?

            Thanks
            Joe

            --- Attachment winmail.dat---
          • Christian Liendo
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 23, 2008
              I thought that was funny, so I had to add this.

              http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/sys/652609980.html

              Commodore 64 keyboard. Original. - $200

              Reply to: see below
              Date: 2008-04-22, 9:29PM EDT

              The original, authentic!

              Call
              Michele
              212-691-6744
              or e-mail:
              mishbeth2@...

              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 23, 2008
                Talk about wishful thinking!!!!

                Maybe Michele was one of those who purchased a C-64 way back when
                for $595, and thinks $200 would be a fair used price. She must have
                missed the sales at Toys-R-Us when they were $99. New.

                73 de Ray