private secret collections/displays

  • mejeep_ferret
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 17 9:49 PM
      Google's 18th St NYC facility has several retro/old computers (plugged
      in and running) on pedestals but inside where a visitor/guest pass is
      required :-(

      Rutgers surplus used to have several pallettes of Apple Lisa computers,
      but after using one long ago, I had no desire to fall asleep between
      operations or wait all day for a printout, so I left them there.
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 17 9:53 PM
        You left behind Lisas? Crazy.

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 18 11:04 AM
          I got my hands on a Mac Luggable..

          Its the later model M5126 with the back lit screen

          It tries to boot but the battery is dead and so seems the HD..

          The unit comes up to a missing HD picture, If I put a floppy in I get a Sad Mac picture.

          It's clean and looks new and I got the bag and mouse.

          This is my CG Reserve Weekend so I have to wait to play with it.

        • macmothership
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 18 1:37 PM
            Just as a hint -The later PowerBook 100 series, higher amperage power adapter will power
            the Mac Portable even with a dead battery. As you know, the original low amp adapter needs
            the battery as well to run it.
            Cheers!
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 18 3:08 PM
              Hi Jim ... What's up in the MARCH Chicago dept.? (Jack R. is out there,
              too.)

              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 18 7:59 PM
                When you get it booted again, note the sad mac code, I can help with
                it, also what version of OS disc are you using?

                If the hd is dead, I have an article somewhere on how to transfer the
                hd circuit board to another connor hd.

                Matt
                On Apr 18, 2008, at 2:04 PM, Christian Liendo wrote:

                > I got my hands on a Mac Luggable..
                >
                > Its the later model M5126 with the back lit screen
                >
                > It tries to boot but the battery is dead and so seems the HD..
                >
                > The unit comes up to a missing HD picture, If I put a floppy in I
                > get a Sad Mac picture.
                >
                > It's clean and looks new and I got the bag and mouse.
                >
                > This is my CG Reserve Weekend so I have to wait to play with it.

                > Try it now.

              • macmothership
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 19 6:32 AM
                  Hey Evan!
                  Everything is great here - I do remember reading about Jack in this area as well. We need a
                  branch office! One year later and my collection is still not set up, I am the king of
                  procrastination. I do have an early serial number Apple II on my bedroom bureau and a Lisa
                  in my office, so it's not all still packed away!
                  Cheers - Jim

                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 20 9:21 PM
                    Evan,

                    I'm back home and am now trying to get my network back up to speed. I had to down one server while I was away.

                    Jack and I had a very enjoyable afternoon while I was in Chicago. He has some truly historic machines.

                    Jim

                    Hi Jim ... What's up in the MARCH Chicago dept.?  (Jack R. is out there,
                    too.)

                    Just as a hint -The later PowerBook 100 series, higher amperage power
                    adapter will power
                    the Mac Portable even with a dead battery. As you know, the original low amp
                    adapter needs
                    the battery as well to run it.
                    Cheers!

                    <*> Your email settings: